Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • So I've just finished watching the wire….
  • Northwind

Good point. I shall now mention the West Wing- it’s fab. Sometimes tries a wee bit too hard but when it’s at its best it’s ridiculously good. Keep forgetting I’ve still got a series of it to watch…

For something a little different, how about House? It’s a wee bit variable but the longer-term character stuff is superb. Not at all the series I thought it was, I’d seen an episode or two and thought it was a silly doctor show with jokes, then it turned out to be an incredibly grim police procedural-style show riddled with despair and self destruction. With jokes.

scud
    Free Member

Bit of an off topic one.

Did anyone see a brilliant gangster type film called City of God from Brazil?

If so, there is a little known spin off TV series called City of Men which i found on eBay which is fantastic.

paulo6624
    Free Member

american horror story is also very good very dark and very hard to follow in places untill it all clicks into place.

just purchased the corner from scud (cheers mate :lol:)so really looking forward to that.

its testament to the strength of writing on some of these shows, a lot of them ive forced myself to watch as people have raved about them breaking bad and the wire inparticular, the premise of either of those shows did not appeal to me untill i watched them.

steezysix
    Free Member

Pretty different from the shows recommended so far, but if you want something hilariously funny, check out Archer – they’ve just finished showing season three on Five.

diggers
    Free Member

Underbelly – aussie drama so probably have to download it but highly recommended.

steezysix
    Free Member

Also, Spiral(Engrenages) is definitely worth a watch if you liked the Wire.

emmodd
    Free Member

FWIW, i’ve loved every minute of Fringe. Worth a look if you like your sci-fi. Criminally, it may not be picked up for a 5th season though.

scud
    Free Member

Did anyone watch Flashforward? Will there be a 2nd series?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

@NorthWind

House gets it for sure; although very much a marmite program for many.

With regard to West Wing, the direction lost it a bit after Sorkin left, but once they recovered and established the Santini character it really got going again.

Series 7 is a cracker and certainly leaves you wanting more, yet also strangely satisfied.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Didn’t see flash forward,Fringe is good, god knows what there doing with the scheduling though

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So I've just finished watching the wire….’ is closed to new replies.