Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So it appears I have jumped on the BMX bandwagon…
  • grum
    Free Member

Girlfriend away – impulse buy. 😛

Is it ok or total crap?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220789860897&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1156

Going to pick it up tomorrow, anything in particular to check for apart from the usual play in bearings etc?

Got a little skate park 2 mins away so the plan is to try and get down there most days to embarrass myself. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

YOU WILL DIE
    PS please say you have a helmet cam

RealMan
    Free Member

Going to pick it up tomorrow

I would probably expect to get laughed at by some kid. Also starting off brakeless seems pretty brave, good luck.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah thanks JUNKYARD – I do have a helmet cam as it happens 🙂

RealMan – I’m prepared for that. I had a go on a brakeless bmx the other day – it was interesting!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I havent been since I stopped riding my bmx about a year ago, but the new skatepark at Halton is meant to be quality.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Nice bike, but a rear brake at least would be the minimum I’d say for anyone not used to a 20. You’re brave!

pickle
    Free Member

good luck! i would have a rear brake as in my oppinion it’s just not safe for other people around you, you get it wrong and you can’t stop and someone else gets hurt just cos you can’t stop??

i know they say it makes you smoother and better but i just don’t get it.

I run two brakes on mine 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Brakeless does make you smoother but only once you know how to ride a 20. If you are new you’ll be all over the place with speed and such and the brake helps to correct things before you over cook things and end up injuring yourself or someone else.

Pickle – are you the Rad Pickle?

_tom_
    Free Member

Good luck 🙂 When I tried to return to bmx, the one I bought was brakeless to start with.. made it quite interesting!

grum
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. David, yeah i heard they’ve just redone the Halton skatepark, sounds pretty cool but I’ve not seen it yet.

Ok, maybe I’ll get a brake! 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Well I got it, seems pretty decent to me if a little heavy. It’s miles easier to bunny hop than my Pitch, unsurprisingly. Still alive for now, but I’m definitely getting a back brake!

xiphon
    Free Member

grum – which skatepark is near you? I’ve just bought a BMX, as I have one near the house (and Preston has the new indoor one open up…)

grum
    Free Member

Just a small one in Lancaster near the river – was thinking about a visit to Preston BMX track though (didn’t know about the indoor one in Preston either).

xiphon
    Free Member

http://www.arc-skatepark-preston.com/

I haven’t ridden BMX in about 10yrs…. should be entertaining when it arrives.

FWIW I opted for a bike with two brakes as standard! Haro 300.3 (2011)…

flip
    Free Member

Worship my ride! It’s totally like sick 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So it appears I have jumped on the BMX bandwagon…’ is closed to new replies.