Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • So is a hope (QR) seatclamp just a seatclamp
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

or is it significantly better than the cheaper ones? I know it's prettier and I like the look of it, but its £10 more than a cheap identiti one or similar.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don't know about Hope ones but I bought a n On-One one as it looked the same as my Salsa but was a lot cheaper. In the flesh it does look similar but doesn't feel like it will be as long lasting although in use its been fine. Both are very comfy to use though and I've always thought the Hope ones looked like they'd be a pain to do up tight.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hope squewrs were crap, no idea if the new ones are any better.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hope ones do look a bit narrow, but their prettiness might counter that, providing they don't go like my old super cheap one which got grit in the pivot and started becoming nigh-impossible to move!

tinas- not the QRs, the seatclamp with QR rather than allen bolt.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I'm a huge fan of Hope seatclamps, they've always been great. Even on an old hardtail I had that ended up with a shimmed seatpost as it was a weird size. Haven't got one for the new frame yet and missing it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thats a good sign!

Northwind

It's just a seatclamp, but a good one. Salsa seems to be better on day one mind but I'm not convinced mine'll last as well as my Hope one.

That said, even dirt cheap clamps can do the job well, in some ways the Hope one is more of a fiddle than the dirt-cheap one that came with my Scandal frame- the Hope one can unwind a little when it's opened and closed, so I ended up threadlocking the "nut" in the right place.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Salsa's look great but the cam wears and they rapidly go bad. No idea about the latest hope seatclamp, although it looks pretty good.

The best I've used is a Tune Wurger, but they're 48 quid.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

My Hope seatclamp has worked perfectly for almost 2 years, with just a little bit of lube from time to time. Looks nice, feels nice to use, and matches the other red bits on my bike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘So is a hope (QR) seatclamp just a seatclamp’ is closed to new replies.