Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So I'm not Craig Evans…
  • badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

And I don’t work for steel city media but I have just shot and edited my first ever video…

Come on STW (trolls) tell me what you think?!

matt_outandabout

Shortest ride Ever…..

Way better than I could do…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

tell me what you think?!

Remember, you asked.

Using half your clip to show you pushing a bike up through the woods does not make for a very engaging video. The bits after that look pretty good for a first go but I was already a bit bored by the whole thing by the time the riding had started. Had you dumped the first 60 seconds it would have been much better.

rOcKeTdOg

would’ve been quicker if you’d ridden up

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Cheers folks!

Initially I compiled and edited the riding footage, then I added music and due to the building nature of the the track felt the need to ‘pad’ the beginning with ‘a little bit of pushing’. equally it could have bveen wheel truing, stoking the sauna or a funeral! (see relevent Chromag and Cotic videos for reference)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ditch the knee pads and back pack. Swap the bright blue shorts for some skinny cutoffs, and I think you’d be onto a winner.

Junkyard
    Free Member

half of it is you pushing a bike up hill

Looks good to me after that and I like the music

Way better than i can do but i did skim you pushing up hill tbh

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Why you no ride up hill?

grum
    Free Member

Like they said – quite nice but wayyyyyy too much pushing.

Who’s Craig Evans?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

reminds me of my first edit (same issue)… as the others said too much pushing makes it boring by the time you get to the riding bit.

Nice little run you have there.

kayak23

due to the building nature of the the track

I liked the music and felt that it was building and that it might suddenly crescendo,coinciding with some lairy riding, but it didn’t.

The riding started and the music was still building. It’s really nice if you can punctuate ‘events’ with musical events and shows complete attention to detail.

Music was nice but yeah, it needed some diversity to tie in with the diversity of the images.

I’d echo comments about the pushing. Too much of it.

Great vid if it’s your first try though. Nice not to see comic sans and spinning graphics etc.

🙂

Craig Evans?

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Cheers for your comments folks! I have now removed a big chunk of pushing which I agree no one really wants to watch.

I agree kayak23; punctuating events with music is good attention to detail and is something I’ll work on for my next attempt!

As for ‘who’s Craig Evans?’ He is the lairy rider in the 26 ain’t dead video!

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Chalk have you taken the video down? Clicked on the link and it said video deleted.

I always make edits too long and then when I did make one shorter my mates complained that there wasn’t enough riding in it – even though I wanted to capture most of the holiday we had rather than just trails.

I guess as long as you are happy with it then some people out there will like it, after all you can’t please everyone – I heard some people slagging Guardians of the Galaxy the other day (mental!).

My Afan trip video is here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVOYFH6_Y0 – if you want to see what I’m talking about.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So I'm not Craig Evans…’ is closed to new replies.