Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • So… iBought one of these iWatch clones from Aliexpress. What does it do?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Okay. I’ll admit it. I was bored. Long train journey. Idly Wi-fi shopping. Click ‘n’ go, seemed so easy. A £40 ‘iWatch’ clone was soon winging its way to me from Shenzhen Industrial area.

It has finally arrived!

(OMG! The GT88 model, no less!!!!! 😛 )

So, what is it good for? …beats me.

Any facetious (or even helpful) answers gladly welcomed.. 🙂

jimdubleyou

Probably needs a bluetooth connection to your phone…

Rubber_Buccaneer

No idea

Sorry

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’ve managed that part. Just. Kinda. It’s seems to be talking to my phone (iPhone 4s), but not in an entirely functional way.

Makes a loud clicking noise every time I type a text – which is quite exciting!

Other than that..? 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

So, what is it good for? .

Stripping you of the last shred of your dignity?

The only thing sadder than an Apple fanboi is a fake Apple fanboi.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I have no shame 😛 😳

It has to be said, I do feel like a bit of a cock wearing it. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

does anyone still use these ? ive never seen another person actually wearing one…. other than the initial 20minutes after their release…..

maybe its different down in that their london but i cant imagine geoff from up the road got his to sync well with his john deere 😉

willard

Looks like one of those 80’s calculator watches. Retro!

Use it to rate how good your **** technique is. There’s bound to be an app for that.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Can I use the ‘step’ function for that? 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

There’s bound to be an app for that.

A Fapp?

plyphon
    Free Member

Crikey thats a terrible fake too.

The whole iWatch thing is to be a companion to your phone. Which probably doesn’t work if it’s fake.

lovewookie

mine lets me read my text messages in a really small font, or in a really big font that doesn’t let me scroll in any way useful.

also allows me to answer calls on it, by speaking into my wrist, like penny from inspector gadget, but without the cool poppy uppy bits.

also allows me to stream my high def audio from my sony phone to the watch. so I can hear all that high defyness on a really really small tinny speaker, located on my wrist, rather than the not bad by comparison phone speaker in my pocket, or on my desk, or the pretty good quality headphones I could connect via bluetooth to my phone, if my phone wasn’t already connected via bluetooth to my watch..

it does have a vibrate alarm though, which is why I paid all of £10 for it. so I don’t wake the wife up when my alarm goes off, or so I actually wake up when my alarm goes off cos my wife snores and I need to wear earplugs.

🙂

bearnecessities

A Fapp?

Doubles as a wankle bracelet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It has to be said, I do feel like a bit of a cock wearing it

Thats what it does 😀

For you that is perhaps an upgrade ? 😉

The real one seems to beep when you have message/text/tweet/email etc, then you try and read it on the tiny screen before getting your phone out anyway.

jekkyl

Connect it to your car obvs.
    Then you can get it to arrive just in the nick of time when you’re chasing crims.

willard

Hmmm. Apparently iFapp does not exist as an app yet. There’s a market there if you ask me and, if someone on here does make it, Perchy and I want royalties.

Maybe I should have used private browsing for that search though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Why is he using his watch to talk to the car that he’s sitting in?

Michael Knight? Clearly rhyming slang.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So, what is it good for? …beats me.

sending all your phone and cloud data to Shenzhen Industrial area.

Cougar

Michael Knight? Clearly rhyming slang.

Thinking about it, so is KITT.

slowoldman

You tell us. You’re the one that’s got it.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

lovewookie… that pretty much sums up my conclusions on this truly awesum device so far.. 😕

Well, at least it has a watch function! 😀

I probably really must stop buying crap on Aliexpress. This month I’ve had 10 pairs of ‘clone’ CK trunks arrive, which would probably be more suitable for a five year old. 😆

The matte carbon topcap (£2!) that arrived was sweeeeeet though 😎

sending all your phone and cloud data to Shenzhen Industrial area.

😆

Come to think of it though, it did ask me to install and register for an App to ‘support’ the phone
    😯 #tinfoil 😯

willard

Say goodbye to your personal data then.

Still, at least you’ll have a good reason when your credit score plummets and you find yourself in solitary in Gitmo. And the guards will be impressed with your tech.

Or not.

Probably not.

pondo

iDontknow.

maccruiskeen

I do feel like a bit of a cock wearing it

If you can’t feel the whole of a cock then you’ve probably done the strap up too tight

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That’s massive compared to the iPhone ones.

A few people at my work have them. They see it as an advantage so they see emails as they come in when they are sat in meetings.

Personally I can’t see the point, I don’t use a watch as it is

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

It’s one of those items I thought might be useful but rapidly lost interest when I realised as usual that there’s nothing out there that does all things, or at least all things easily without jumping through more hoops than a dog display team. Gave up in the end. They are all gopping as well.

stuey
    Free Member

GT88 – spec sheet: “Compatible with Android and iOS. Please note that some functions cannot support iOS for now ” 🙁

stumpy01

Bloke at work has got one (a genuine one) that his Wife bought him as a Christmas present….

It mainly seems to sit on his desk being charged…..

verses

By creating this thread, you’ve fulfilled its main purpose, which appears to be to tell other people you have one…

😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Seems unlikely the OP would show off. The shirt marks him out as a shy retiring type… 😉

maccruiskeen

The shirt marks him out as a shy retiring type…

either that or its wear your pajamas to work day

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

😆

mrsfry
    Free Member

Aren’t you worried about your wrist bursting into flames or your bank details going to the highest bidder?

scaredypants

Best use for it is to display “look at my **** iwatch”, like on off of that website for red trousers

wolfenstein
    Free Member

maybe it can run strava apps? have you tried?

DavidB
    Free Member

If you pay me I will port Rude time to your platform (whatever it is)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you pay me I will port Rude time to your platform (whatever it is)

Looks familiar. (Caution – Many, many rude words within. Very rude indeed.

jekkyl

Lol well funny

maccruiskeen

Nice link CFH – not least for this gem…..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I was quite taken with….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So… iBought one of these iWatch clones from Aliexpress. What does it do?’ is closed to new replies.