Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • So I was in Sainsbury's earlier (discontent content)
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

So as above, I thought I’d pop in for a quick shop on the way home.
    Remembering that the 14th is this week, I went over to the greetings cards section.
    There were no Valentine’s Day cards 😯
    Trust me, I looked for a whole 30 seconds. I might not remember again during this week so might End Up In Trouble ❗
    All because capitalist behemoths can’t do anything right.

Anarchy for the UK

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m alright Jack. Lost last year’s Valentine’s Day card. Apologies were made. Found said card in the boot of my car last month.

Sorted. It’s a bit oily and covered in dog hair.

batfink
    Free Member

It’ll be in “seasonal” innit. A whole aisle… probably the one next to where you were looking.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on the “seasonal aisle”. It’s just proof, if proof were needed, that the consumerist machine has managed to invent a full 12 month cycles of must have detritus that you don’t really need.

julianwilson
    Free Member

OP, your sainsburys supply of cards are all in the plymouth one, which had 2 metres shelf width of them in the card aisle, another metre or so in the the ‘power aisle’ and a couple of other randomly placed displays around the shop. As well as just tons and tons of heart shaped tat!

Is there some place they keep the unsold ones until next year, or is the markup on them so fantastic that they can afford to just pulp/recycle/burn the leftovers?

hooli

Our work canteen sell greeting cards, terrible ones at obscene prices but it saves me going near the shops so I happily pay it.

Any occasion other than valentines and anniversary get some kids “art” folded in half 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Don’t be such a helpless drone. Go to a CARD SHOP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘So I was in Sainsbury's earlier (discontent content)’ is closed to new replies.