Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • So I just picked up a hitch hiker (and his dog)
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is this a young version of the Wolf Creek “Mick”?

Speeder

Hitching’s a great way to travel and as has been said, it’s really sad that everyone is so scared to either do it themselves or pick people up these days. Too many newspapers scaremongering and too many scary movies have made people paranoid of strangers and afraid to do anything.

Fairly sure I heard a statistic that the world is a much safer place today than it’s ever been.

Gaz (hitched around the UK & Europe in my 20s and will pick them up when possible)

nbt

Great book. Passable film

CountZero

anyway, the most amusing bit in meeting my new friend Stuart was being introduced to his dog….

Stuart.

How do you know Stuart wasn’t named after the dog?

Ambrose

Hitching is definately a disappearing thing nowadays. I used to hitch all over Britain when I was younger and was always thankful when i got a lift. I now pick up hitchers whenever I can but I don’t think I’m even yet, so few peopleseem to do it nowadays.

Weirdly, I stopped for a couple who were walking a couple of miles into town to buy petrol- they were carrying a can. I stopped, offerred them a lift and dropped them off at the Esso station. They then tried to give me £10:00. I had to persuade them that it wasn’t necessary. Odd.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘So I just picked up a hitch hiker (and his dog)’ is closed to new replies.