Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • So I find myself veering toward UKIP….
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I can’t find the DWP report! I had it earlier, something like 6.5% of non-uk nationals claim benefits, compared to around 16% of UK nationals.

Kryton57

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    to the point that immigrant must support themselves and arnt accepted by default to be supported by my taxes.
    You realise non-UK nationals claim far less in benefits than UK nationals do? Immigrants coming here to claim benefits is a myth.

Your last statement is untrue. MIL deals with that as a job, and the stories about the deciept, but ALSO the shambolic ease in which the government will release funds astounds me.

chewkw
    Free Member

I vote out.

Yes, it might be painful to vote UKIP but that can be sorted out later on internally but the EU thingy it is fecked. Staying longer means more mess to sort out later as there are more mouths to feed.

If a country cannot take control of it’s border then what’s the point of a country?

If you really want to be liberal then let Asia join. Open the door.

p/s: back to watching Skyline … WTF … what stupid ending is that? Going on the cheap with lousy animation …

bigrich
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Had to laugh today, reading the herald (in Scotland) and they are chasing the idea that Scotland will be the 3rd richest country in the eu, and as so will be expected today mega tax. Making a negative out of a positive? Typical.

Bawbags.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

“As at February 2011, 16.6% of working age UK nationals were claiming a DWP working age benefit compared to 6.6% of working age non-UK nationals (at the time they first registered for a National Insurance Number) (resident working age UK population figures based on country of birth 2010, ONS). Claimants who were non-UK nationals when they registered for a NINo may of course subsequently have become permanent residents or British citizens”

Page 4

http://statistics.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd1/adhoc_analysis/2012/nat_nino_regs.pdf

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OP, sleep on it and it will soon pass.

nick1962
    Free Member

Immigrants coming here to claim benefits is a myth.

SOME immigrants do precisely that,hence the current panic in government over the Bulgarians/Romanians.
    I wouldn’t give my p**s to UKIP BTW .

bokonon
    Free Member

UKIP policy as it stands would require that we pull out of the UN – I can’t see that being a good idea in the long run – we would join a list of three countries (Kosovo, The Vatican and Taiwan) which are not members…

chewkw
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

Had to laugh today, reading the herald (in Scotland) and they are chasing the idea that Scotland will be the 3rd richest country in the eu, and as so will be expected today mega tax. Making a negative out of a positive? Typical.

3rd richest country … LOL! Wait until they get gang-banked to feed EU …

brooess
    Free Member

Better still, abolish political parties, they emphasise ideology and power dynamics over managing the country for the benefit of the people. Just an apolitical management committee, voted in for a fixed term.

Having a ‘manager’ instead of politicians in charge of Italy seems to have brought some much-needed stability.

The thing that worries me about UK at the moment is that Tories are supposed to be good at managing economic matters, but they don’t seem to be delivering right now (although I don’t know how we’re benchmarking their performance tbh – and in any case France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy are in a worse state than us).

IMO we’ve just come to a point in the cycle where our historic advantages of early industrialisation, rule of law and strong, stable institutions are no longer giving us relative advantage so we need to find new advantages if we want continued economic growth. It’s nothing to do with Labour or Tory policies really, more likely globalisation…

Globalisation also makes the idea of the geographically-limited nation-state less relevant. I have more in common with my Finnish, German, Italian colleagues than I do with most British people… maybe the nation-state is no longer relevant?

Kryton57

I challenge anyone to post a convincing argument to vote Labour or Conservative right now.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I challenge anyone to post a convincing argument to vote Labour or Conservative right now.

It’ll keep UKIP out.

rattrap
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo[/video]

Kryton57

Hmmm. After researching some if the points here I find myself back as a non voter again.

nick1962
    Free Member

“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.”

bokonon
    Free Member

Better still, abolish political parties, they emphasise ideology and power dynamics over managing the country for the benefit of the people. Just an apolitical management committee, voted in for a fixed term.

you say this as though it would exist in some kind of objective vacuum – your suggestion has attached to it a very specific ideological position, I’m sure you will deny this is the case, but it’s true.

Any management committee (or civil servant, as they are known in this country) would need a set of parameters to work within in order to make the decisions you are talking about, and there are no objectively right answers, you need to decide who you **** over, that’s why there are politicians in the first place.

In terms of power dynamics, far from political parties emphasising power dynamics, if you visit places without political parties, then you can see that politics then becomes the preserve of the already powerful, because only they have the ability to present themselves effectively to the electorate and get elected – without a party to help you, getting elected as a normal person is bloody hard work if you have no money.

Absolutely spot on – same goes for Lib Dems – however, other political parties are available.

chewkw
    Free Member

Research or not I ain’t voting for EU however I would vote for EU if I become the Dearest Leader of EU with absolute power to the hilt. I will be fair as I threat all as infestation … maggots.

Nope, nothing to do with UKIP but rather my views that voting out means less maggots infestation.

Kryton57

bokonon – Member
    Absolutely spot on – same goes for Lib Dems – however, other political parties are available.

I want to vote. I obviously need to look into those other parties but fail to see that my vote would end the red/blue domination as there is no competitive 3rd, 4th, 5th option which is why people like me get apathetic and don’t bother.

bokonon
    Free Member

Depends where you are as to how competitive the other parties are – there has never been a time in history when smaller parties were as competitive as they are now, there are councils in the country out of Red/Blue/Yellow control, there are MP’s from outside the Red/Blue/Yellow groups and so on.

I’ve never voted for a winning candidate (but then I regularly stand as a candidate) and have only ever voted for Labour (or any major party) once, in a straight Labour/tory vote in the police crime commissioner elections – even then, Labour lost.

chewkw
    Free Member

Well, you have voted in … why not vote out to see how it will pan out?

I have voted for all the major parties in the past but most of the time voted for opposition … Tory, Labour, LibDem, UKIP (<- all of them in circulation taking turns) but never Green as they seem to like gan*a too much.

yunki
    Free Member

if the Farage monkey gets in he’ll just be a puppet and a scapegoat for the Eton Mafia’s more unsavoury right leaning policies..

he’ll get a fat pay-off for taking the blame, those folk with a streak of fascism in them will be championed in the community and the country will become an altogether more frightening place to live for folk of a gentle disposition..

the economy will still be **** and the island will still be populated by a varied assortment of unique individuals..

will
    Free Member

Cheers Horatio, good facts.

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member

if the Farage monkey gets in he’ll just be a puppet and a scapegoat for the Eton Mafia’s more unsavoury right leaning policies..

You give him too much credit … internal problems can be sorted internally and it will be good to get some punch up (3rd world “parliamentary” style) amongst own country men/women and with a chance to get your own back. But if you in EU you will be fighting for the oxygen you breath in … you are sure to be dead.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why is it that the minute you become a politian that you decide to ignore what everyone who voted for you wants? My sodding MP is on some committee. He bloddy well never asked us and now he spends less time with the voters and more time arguing about something that doesn’t affect us.

bol

I’m all for UKIP splitting the Tory vote and leading to a Labour-led coalition. Yes please. All power to Nigel’s elbow.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

It would make naff all difference really because we’d still need to be part of the EEA or EFTA and subject to EU rules. Only with no powers to influence those rules.

Here’s an example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland%E2%80%93European_Union_relations

The whole anti EU/foreigner mindset is pretty sad… NSDAP returning

chewkw
    Free Member

mattsccm – Member

Why is it that the minute you become a politian that you decide to ignore what everyone who voted for you wants? …

LOL! Why do people trust politicians? Why not trust (vote) me to be your Dear Leader?

bol – Member

I’m all for UKIP splitting the Tory vote and leading to a Labour-led coalition. Yes please. All power to Nigel’s elbow.

LOL! Yes, vote for La-bore and the you can kiss your low end job good bye (practically hanging yourself) because others from EU are willing to earn less, work more and eat less. Also there is a possibility that they will open the door to the “selected few” from Non-EU and in that case Non-EU wins hands down … as they can work without sleep or food. 😆

rattrap
    Free Member

No Checkw – you must have missed the memo, Labour are all ‘send the buggers back’ again now…

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ed-miliband-pledges-tougher-line-on-immigration-after-past-mistakes-8521716.html

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No Checkw – you must have missed the memo, Labour are all ‘send the buggers back’ again now…

I’m sure chewkw will be allowed to stay rattrap – no need to worry the poor guy.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wow, lots of budding politicians on here, unsurprisingly.
    I vote UKIP btw. (I don’t really, but would if I could be arsed to vote for any of the other untrustworthy, lying, bent, unscrupulous bas****s that claim to have the best interests of Britain to heart.

Whoaaa Ernie! You been lying low? Haven’t seen you for a while!

chewkw
    Free Member

rattrap – Member

Yes, that’s what they said to catch the wind in their sails … they need to be in opposition for at least 4 terms before they return again to govt. They got their chance and they blew it … now let others have a go.

ernie_lynch – Member
    I’m sure chewkw will be allowed to stay rattrap – no need to worry the poor guy.

LOL! Put it this way they need Dearest Leader to stay otherwise they will be confused with their moral cause. 🙄

bwaarp
    Free Member

The day UKIP get power is the day it becomes infinitely harder for my girlfriend to stay in the UK and…..judging by the types of people that voted in the Eastleigh election…. the day that gay people are probably lynched and strung up from trees.

So I’ll leave.

Ironically a good old fashioned land based war would boost production and bring population down to a more affordable level – so watch out for that idea from UKIP, or maybe the liberals.

Eh….a war would only kill young people. The boomers aren’t just gonna die then the aging population will be a thing of the past – all studies point to us suffering from an ever increasing aging population.

Some brilliant reasoning there man.

chewkw
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

The day UKIP get power is the day it becomes infinitely harder for my girlfriend to stay in the UK and…..judging by the types of people that voted in the Eastleigh election…. the day that gay people are probably lynched and strung up from trees.

So I’ll leave.

Why not marry her now/soon if you love her? Get it over and done with? Also I doubt that will happen to gay people since UKIP themselves might be gay. Just because some people are gay do not mean they are naturally liberal …

bwaarp
    Free Member

LOL! Yes, vote for La-bore and the you can kiss your low end job good bye (practically hanging yourself) because others from EU are willing to earn less, work more and eat less. Also there is a possibility that they will open the door to the “selected few” from Non-EU and in that case Non-EU wins hands down … as they can work without sleep or food.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4[/video]

As Doug says, only if they teach your job by miming. As others have said, I have more in common with the aspirational globalized community basically I have more in common with well educated non-uk nationals.

Why should I give a **** about a bunch of white trash who pop out 5 kids and then claim benefits because their low end jobs can’t cover their family expenses.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Why not marry her now/soon if you love her? Get it over and done with? Also I doubt that will happen to gay people since UKIP themselves might be gay. Just because some people are gay do not mean they are naturally liberal …

We plan to.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2004/oct/28/uk.eu

“Mr Kilroy-Silk also claimed he had been appalled by Ukip’s decision to join the same political group in the parliament as the League of Polish Families, which was allegedly anti-semitic and racist.”

and

“former UKIP member and co-author of its 2001 general election manifesto Aidan Rankin wrote: “Homophobia was one of the few forces uniting a notoriously divided party. To its brownshirt-in-blazer tendency, the dangers of Europe and the dangers of homosexuality were intertwined.”

http://www.whatnextjournal.co.uk/pages/back/wnext29/ukip.html

They’re dangerous, they’re just a bunch of far righters hiding their personal views to gain respectability.

chewkw
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

Why should I give a **** about a bunch of white trash who pop out 5 kids and then claim benefits because their low end jobs can’t cover their family expenses.

If you want to flourish then help them to help you.

Put it this no matter how many kids they can pop out that is the problem of the country i.e. the UK govt. It is an internal social problem and nothing to do with EU. The dirty laundries are ours so we need to wash them ourselves.

bwaarp
    Free Member

If you want to flourish then help them to help you.

Put it this no matter how many kids they can pop out that is the problem of the country i.e. the UK govt. It is an internal social problem and nothing to do with EU.

Why should I help them though? Why is it a bad thing that we’re evening up wealth distribution by bringing people in who actually want these jobs? They vote for people like UKIP – people who will see to it that academics/professionals will have an impossible time getting VISA’s here in the uk…..so these people are voting against my interests. Why should I vote in their interests to pull out of the EU again?

The types that vote UKIP….on the whole…are the types that vote against gay marriage, are anti-intellectual racists who will give me funny looks on the bus for dating an Asian, who drain the **** economy by bleeding our benefits system, who like to fly the Union Jack and like to think how great they make the country when they have had nothing to do with Britains greatness.

**** parasites, all of them.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘So I find myself veering toward UKIP….’ is closed to new replies.