Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • So – I broke my Jones Spaceframe
  • druidh
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    I’ve broken many frames but could only name one of them.

You give your frames names? What – like Naughty Mabel, Dirt Dick?

singlespeedstu

Broken Bastard. 😆

druidh
    Free Member

😆

clump
    Free Member

Panic over, headtube not resting on the floor.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CFH owned a Giant?

Oh the lower-middle class shame!

bigsi
    Free Member

Actually – I see this as positive for Jeff – potential customers will be reassured that they will be taken care of, even when his product is out of warrantyhaving paid a bloody fortune for a product in the first place –

FIFY 😉

druidh
    Free Member

No warranty if ridden over rocks then? Handy to know – if a bit limiting for a mountain bike.

jota180
    Free Member

You could have tried a DIY fix if Jones hadn’t come through

rob-jackson
    Free Member

still pointing out that you did NOT break your space frame you broke your truss FORK

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Those truss forks look broken all of the time!

Good work Jones fella though.

nikk
    Free Member

Have to say, I wouldn’t have a titanium bike now, Way way too many failures seen for the surely very limited number of them in use. Always next to the welds as well.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    No warranty if ridden over rocks then? Handy to know – if a bit limiting for a mountain bike.

POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

No, he said that of the two that had broken, one had been constantly thrashed over rocks. Nothing at all about what happened about it, may well have been replaced, or out of warranty, we just don’t know!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    No, he said that of the two that had broken, one had been constantly thrashed over rocks. Nothing at all about what happened about it, may well have been replaced, or out of warranty, we just don’t know!

Jeff welded up the two broken forks, and said he hadn’t heard back from either of them. So I assume they are still holding up.

epicyclo

Are those forks one of the parts he is outsourcing these days?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

he hadn’t heard back from either of them.

Perhaps their dead, fork fail deaths shocker.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Got my replacement fork today – YAY 🙂 – fitted it and went for a shakedown spin – wow…… even with a Surly Nate 3.8 it really feels light and accelerates fast in comparison to my squishy 26er – this bike really is grin inducing. Night ride tonight. A real shame I missed the snow this year – the Nate would have been great for it.

postierich
    Free Member

Watch out for those rocks and stuff stay on the soft earth/snow/sand/treacle! 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m still grinning from last nights ride :b

FuzzyWuzzy

Jones stuff seems a bargain as long as you don’t want to ride on rocky terrain or have the peace of mind of a lifetime warranty…

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘So – I broke my Jones Spaceframe’ is closed to new replies.