Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So I bought a t5! How to fit rear seats please
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

As above, spotted some on eBay with slider mounts (which I like the thought of), they are vw jobbies, do I just lay out the rails, mark and drill, then use washers/plates on the underside? Anyone fitted with rear seats? It’s an 04 swb by the way, thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Pretty much as you describe but check what’s on the other side before drilling.

jam-bo

and what proof your insurance company will need that they’ve been fitted correctly and safely.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Join the T4/5 forum. It’s a gold mine for such info.

scotia
    Free Member

i’d get it done if i were you – asking questions like that i wouldnt do it myself…

and thank your lucky stars you live in the uk not anywhere in europe.. cos it wouldnt be drivable here thats for sure..

mattbee

When I was sorting the seat/bed for mine I spoke to Cannons Forge (who I bought the seat from) about fitting Unwin rails for it to slide along. They quoted me £800 (inc rails etc) and said it involved dropping the fuel tank and exhaust to be able to get to the points you needed to bolt through to spreader plates fitted underneath the floor.
    Reckon the high price was to put me off as they didn’t want to do it, but it is food for thought. There’s a lot of stuff under that floor….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a t5! How to fit rear seats please’ is closed to new replies.