Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • so how was your day?
  • ojom
    Free Member

everyone have a good day? or was it dullsville?

rOcKeTdOg

slow and boring, but given where i work that's probably good

ton

entertaining

jedi

i spent ages hunting out van insurance, some wanting 1200 quid!!!!! wtf

done my head in. chilled now but still getting the fookers ringing me offering insurance

pcb
    Free Member

Ok, promotion at work is on its way. Still unsure about it though

ojom
    Free Member

van insurance is officially the most stupidly priced thing ever. you can literally hear them sucking through their teeth when you say 'i want commercial vehicle cover please'.

Stoner
    Free Member

dull dull dull dull dull.

had to go to the smoke to earn my pennies and sat there with my fist up my 'arris waiting for other people to produce stuff which finally turned up at 6pm this evening. So half a day tomorrow wasted when I could be playing Bob the Builder 🙁 grrrr

And you lot were no help. I usually rely upon STW to fill my empty sh1tty days in the office with entertainment and frivolity and octopron, but today you were so very lacking. Shame on you all.

beej

Bad.

Work full of meetings with just enough time in between them to not achieve anything worthwhile.

Too cold and icy to ride the long way to work.

GF managed to cause her back to spasm taking in a parcel for me.

Still, the parcel did contain beer.

Let me rewind.

Good!

brakes
    Free Member

I had cold leftover meat pie for lunch
    highlight of my day

firestarter
    Free Member

tony i found these the cheapest when i had my van http://www.cvd-insurance.co.uk/

day wise it was poo took the new build out for a ride fell off loads and came home early very **** off ;-(

ojom
    Free Member

hmm mixed then i see.

ach it would be boring if it was good everyday.

jedi

i got it for $420 in the end.

carbon337
    Free Member

Ace been snowboarding at Genshee….Iffy conditions but used it as a training session to iron out a years worth or creases. Quite surprised with my performance actually.

ojom
    Free Member

your dollar sign next to your pound sign aye? 8)

the_flying_scotsman
    Free Member

Fun and interesting, albeit somewhat cold. Doing some contracting working running equipment trials on an industrial effluent treatment plant. Far cry from the politic laden, desk jockeying job I was doing a couple of months ago.

jedi

er quid not dollars 🙂

gagging to ride and no lights charged

ojom
    Free Member

rode in on shop mojo this morning, lights all flashy!

walked and ran home. jeans are not efficient for running in.

go for a short run. its good.

oldfart

This PM managed a local ride minus the dancing on ice !1st time for a week .Yay !!!

clunker

Spent most of it getting stuff ready for an expo tommorow down in London. Early start in the morning too 😡

crispybacon
    Free Member

My day started great, my boss agreed with my suggestion regarding a very awkward customer, then got my head down & got a shed load of work done on another project – a good day so far.

Then after lunch it started to rain, this then started to turn to sleet. Wife rings me up to say it's snowing where she works which is 20 miles away but only 10 miles from where we live. Sleet then turns to snow & then wife rings up to say due to the bad conditions she has been sent home. I tell my boss who promptly sends me home too.

Drive to within 3 miles of home & the snow is now giving it large, manage to mince home OK & thankfully find my wife has made it home too, & the day started so well to 😕

jimmy

another day passes without not hearing from a sort of interview last wednesday. hoping no news is good news. otherwise, fannied around all day looking at jobs I could do if I could get a foot in the door and thinking of cutting this career change short and moving into outdoor education / leadership. then went climbing and just had favourite linguine putanesca.

glossing over the first 7 hours, its been alright.

firestarter
    Free Member

i also found that racing ralphs are total shite in the slush/ice

ojom
    Free Member

i can imagine.

robgarrioch

Dull – waiting for this b*st*rd snow to lift (more forecast at the weekend) & trying not to think about smoking! 1 weeks giving up done, many more to follow…? (the more people you tell, the more there are to disappoint in your failures; reverse psychology y'see!)

RichPenny
    Free Member

Pretty good day all in. Lovely ride in and I'm noticing an improvement in fitness. Fun at work as always, bit of stressy stuff but came up with some genius balancing ideas at the end of the day which will allow me to introduce a new product without increasing workload 🙂 Nice ride home, then homemade fish balti which made my nose run.

ojom
    Free Member

giving up tabs = one of the best things you will ever do.

lyons
    Free Member

preety good. Had a lazy morning, then went for a ride in the afternoon. I decided it would be fun to use my summer tyres, as i like drifting. I certainly did lots of that. Yo can go really fast on hardpacked snow! Then started riding home through little used paths, got a puncture, mended it, pump broke and i had to walk about 3 miles home through untrodden snow. STill good though. Then went climbing.

Only prob is, i need to find more work… As much as i'd like to, i cant afford to just ride my bike all the time…

aviemoron
    Free Member

Nae too bad, on kid duty today; xc skied with the little one in the backpack in the morning and took the two of them to a secondhand bookshop in the afternoon, all good. Was going to drag out the turbo for the first time in years tonight, but the xc skiing with 50 odd lbs's on my back has done me in.

RichPenny
    Free Member

giving up tabs = one of the best things you will ever do.

Certainly is, keep at it!

firestarter
    Free Member

aye glad i binned the tabs too feel much better for it.

gonna try the snow/slush/ice tomorrow on the ss i think see how bonty acx 29ers like it , hopefully better than racing ralphs lol

Stoner
    Free Member

aye with the tabs.
    just thinlk
    1hr
    1day
    1 wk
    1mnth
    1yr

(hint the first three are the hardest)

😉

Kit
    Free Member

Work was pants, but the day was saved after I went for a sports massage. It was almost unbearably sore, but boy what a difference! I feel like a new man 🙂

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I feel like a new man

Strange that…so do I!! (But don't tell MrFC!!)

Ok-ish day…thanks for asking Genksy! 8)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok day in theatre sorting out instruments of torture!!

Drive home was fun in a blizzard, slid car down hill by house, crashed into kerb really hard, car seems ok but will have to check when I can drive it next which won't be for a few days as it's now under a snow drift.

But day getting better sat in front of log fire with a whiskey and prospect of another sledging day tomorrow 😆

4ndyB
    Free Member

Spent the day getting our new machinery up & running, many profanities were uttered. No manual or training, just push a button & see what happens, tweak this see what happens etc…

After 'work' I serviced a BSO & a BMX & delivered another customers bike after it's service.

Just had a Chinese, going to have a single malt then off to bed ready for the mornings profanities with the machinery again.

gusamc
    Free Member

poor, car appears dead (non starter, 186,000, MOT due 2 months) it's VERY irritating as it's electrical – ie it could be a loose wire, garage bill now 2 hrs, I really do think if it had gone bang I'd be a lot happier – dead is dead – possibly dead is a rather unpleasant trade off between keeping an old friend going and possibly wasting more and more money or cutting possible losses

Currently pricing berlingos, anybody want a previously mechanically sound 306 HDI ?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Gave a presentation tonight to the college entitled "quantum shamanism" as you do. Seemed to go down quite well.

rich-6
    Free Member

Difficult, Got a head of mashed potato after pulling a work colleague and having a girlfriend oops, Shes about the workshop a lot talking to me since the night 😕

Still she is a stunner and i'm bored so not all bad 😆

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

some inconsiderate f**ker stole my mop and bucket last night (I'm an office cleaner) so I couldn't clean the floor properly, then returns it today completely filthy and caked in mucky grit. it's been a dull day, so was absolutely seething!

rj
    Free Member

Somewhat frustrating.

I've been trying to convince a senior workmate that the values I've been using are superior (being based on science and all) to those of my colleague who has no understanding of the process I'm working with and thus far has got everything I've asked him to do wrong.

And my cat's dying.

And I haven't been on my bike in 3 months.

And I'm stuck in Haworth on my own, instead of at home, with my wife.

Actually, I'm a bit miserable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘so how was your day?’ is closed to new replies.