Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • So, how good are Ti bikes then…………..
  • cinnamon_girl

ton – you only have one body and one life so don't take a chance. If you are prepared to spend a shedload of money on a frame then surely getting something that is up to the job is your priority. Custom made.

FWIW I am amazed at the speed I can descend on mine, the pickup is incredible and she holds a line without waivering. Same trails I have ridden on my full suss are just so much slower. I rode her today and still enjoy her even though she is just over a year old. The novelty has not worn off. 8)

cinnamon_girl

daffy – I don't know what buttery smooth and compliant mean. They just seem to be on a par with my Fox's. Of course they are the nearest I will get to a carbon bike and they do look good!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Everyone seems to be screaming the same thing…

bigsi
    Free Member

Ton – If i were you, and in height and weight i am, i would be talking to custom frame builders to find out what ideas they have for what you want to use the bike for.

In short – Take Brant up on his offer. He knows what your like 😉

[Edit] If you don't like it you can always sell it to me [/Edit] 😆

hora
    Free Member

Ton, so basically you will end up with a reinforced (heavier) ti29 frame? Why?!

walleater

They are as good as the rider.

brant
    Free Member

He won't.

CHB

[evil mode on] Go on Ton…you know it makes sense //[Evil mode off]

TooTall
    Free Member

hora – Member

He'll end up with something best suited to him – which is what custom is at best isn't it? Other than trolling, I don't understand your post.

allankelly

father – Member
    I've been riding my Ti framed bike for several years and it still delights me.

Certainly suitable for the larger gentleman.
    Here's father showing some style on his Ti steed at SSUK08
    😉

More: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allankelly/sets/72157604918078600/

Cheers, al.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So, how good are Ti bikes then…………..’ is closed to new replies.