Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So, how are people's "one photo a day" going?
  • DrP

I’m really enjoying it – ‘forcing’ ones self to take a snap a day really does make you think about the world and the opportunities out there in a photographic mind! Often I get to the end of the day, having had a real busy one, thinking what there is in the house to take a pic of!
    Here’s two of my favourites..
    Today’s one

January 4th

Keep up the hard work peeps!

DrP

brakes
    Free Member

do you have to start this on the 1st January?

DrP

I’m sure no-one will arrest you if not Jan 1st! It’s a self discipline thing – for me Jan 1st – Dec 31st seemed appropriate, but come on in if today’s your first!

DrP

simonralli2
    Free Member

Brakes – no – you can start it whenever you like. We also have One Photo Every Week for people who want to either enter their best photo, or have a photo blog of their year, or who may not be up for the challenge of one photo every day..

Day 4325 - Day 308 - At A Distance

Magical pond

I myself did one photo every day in 2009 and 2010, but am just doing One Photo Every Week this year.

(You have to be a member of the One Photo Every Week to see the photos I have submitted as they are set to private).

mintimperial

Good luck! I did a 365 photo-a-day thing in 2008-09. I got much better at taking snaps, technically speaking, but the whole experience nearly put me off photography forever. I came to realise that I’ll never be much good at it, and that’s quite depressing when you put that much effort into a thing. I still don’t take as many photos as I used to before I did it. Don’t let me discourage you, though, most people come out the other side unscathed…

*1000 yard stare* (50mm, f5.6@1/125, no flash)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Quite a few people, including myself, have printed off photo books and these are amazing momentos of what are often very memorable years! Some days you may have quiet or uninspirational pics, but when you see the flow of your life like that it really is interesting (for you anyway).

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Like these two shots DrP.

I did it last year in Simon and Johnclimber’s Flickr group and I have to say that I really enjoyed it on the whole. I’m not doing it this year because it does take a lot of time and effort if you’re not going to end up with 365 photos of the cat. It made me technically a better photographer and maybe marginally improved my photographic “eye”, but it’s the quiet glow of satisfaction in knowing that you persevered through the times when you wanted to bin it that makes it worthwhile.

I’m going for one a week this year because I’m going to be busier (taking on a part-time Masters degree) and I want to take more time over each shot rather than feeling pressured (though it does instil a bit of self-discipline). I talked my niece and nephew into doing it this year promising them I’d buy them a Flickr pro account if they reach the end of January.

My efforts are here (warning – lots of cats…)

Creg

I’ve tried in the past but failed with “One photo a day”, usually lasted about a week before I’ve given up simply because I have been too busy to get out and take anything worthwhile.

However I have managed to get 3 weeks in a row for “One Photo a Week” so if I manage this then I will move on to One a Day 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So, how are people's "one photo a day" going?’ is closed to new replies.