Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So got my new guitar then…
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

you may have noticed a flurry of "please buy my stuff quickly so i can buy a guitar" type posts on the classified over the last week.

So for those who expressed an interest in the result of my quest…..

The object of my desire was a Martin 000c 15e made of solid mahogany, evidently quite rare in the uk, 10 years old, some tiny surface marks but nothing major.

I managed to get it for £499 and went and picked it up today.

fingers hurt now so cant play it any more (but 2 hours straight isnt bad considering i havent played for some months, so the actions pretty easy!), but it is quieter than a dreadnought (so wife friendly) and the action is as easy as a telecaster, and the sound is pretty good i think.

deep resonant in the bass, and really nice in the upper registers too, and it sustains really really well.

its not as tinny as some auditorium type guitars i have played either which is a relief.

the guy i picked it up from was a proper ex hippy espadrille wearing chap, with loads of guitars on his wall, he made a nice cup of tea too.

I havent got much of a basis for comparison, i had a takamine, my mates got a taylor, but i like it!

so was it a bargain, value for money or did i get ripped off?

pics

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Water that lawn, weed and jetwash the patio and me might be in a position to talk.

(lovely looking piece by the way)

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Patio need weeding. 😉

Otherwise a lovely looking geetar. Enjoy. 8)

EDIT: Damn it, too slow.

MrNutt
    Free Member

thats a good price, wanna sell it? I'll give you £500 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

I once played an 1870's Martin a cool £6,000 worth. My fingers were trembling let me tell you… I mean, what do you play??

timdrayton
    Free Member

To be honest i was struggling as the guy got down his own guitar ( from the many hanging up, my missus would never have that)

Then proceeded to do a frenetic very complicated classical picky thing, the handed me it……….. Erm know anything by oasis mate?

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

eviljoe – Member
    I once played an 1870's Martin a cool £6,000 worth. My fingers were trembling let me tell you… I mean, what do you play??

Stairway to heaven.

philsimm
    Free Member

Enter Sandman?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So got my new guitar then…’ is closed to new replies.