Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • So Germany next….
  • Jamie
    Free Member

….oh dear. Going to be interesting.

maxray
    Free Member

It's not a great German team. I fancy us to be honest.

tails
    Free Member

HHHHHHMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!! 5-1 Even Heskey Scored, 5-1 Even Heskey Scored, 5-1 Even Heskey Scored,
    5-1 Even Heskey Scored..

brakes
    Free Member

they play a bit of a slow game and lack penetration, they seem to rely on raspers from outside the box, hopefully if we play a 'premiership' game we should be able to run rings round them

SST
    Free Member

was flicking between channels and australia suddenly had 2 goals!
    Germany for us though – neither team has looked particularly strong so who knows . . .

simonralli2
    Free Member

After watching the Ghana match, I am not that worried. I think we will have a tougher game against Argentina, assuming they get through. Obviously plenty could go wrong in the Germany game tho.

romster
    Free Member

It'll be a perfect warm up match for Argentina, Spain and then Brazil in the final!

It's all about character and and building on todays performance now for me. The team didn't go back on JT's or the managers words today – they gave us what we wanted to see, and more importatly did the job!

Same attitude, same grit this Sunday, we're in the quarters……

Hairychested
    Free Member

Naaaa, piece of cake those Germans. 5:1 again, we'll be singing: "Even Rooney scores!".

john_drummer
    Free Member

TBH without stating the bleeding obvious, it was always on the cards that it would be Germany

iDave
    Free Member

5-1 was a while ago…

Junkyard
    Free Member
    Edric64
    Free Member

2 world wars and 1 world cup .This will still be the chant after they beat us

romster
    Free Member

2 world wars and 1 world cup .This will still be the chant after they beat us

What's it going to be when we beat them then Edric 64 Beckenbauer?

Edric64
    Free Member

I hope we do .I'm just being a pessimist that way things can only get better

tails
    Free Member

Christ you lot have some confidence! I'm looking forward to it but well be lucky to get past germany and beating argentina NO.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Start the PDS route at 8pm on Sunday, in the Irish Bar at 3pm I guess!

trout
    Free Member

Not down to penalties again this time

donsimon
    Free Member

It's all falling into place now, just entering phase 3.
    England's timeworn…. 😉

romster
    Free Member

Christ you lot have some confidence! I'm looking forward to it but well be lucky to get past germany and beating argentina NO.

Confidence & faith……we've got to believe, without belief we'd have bowed out today and we'd all be talking about "what if's"!

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen! 8)

We can do it…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can't help thinking you're f**ked to be honest. If not by Germany, then Argentina…two countries that England consider their biggest rivals. Funnily enough, playing England matters little to either side.

romster
    Free Member

It's all falling into place now, just entering phase 3.

That's not really a clever article imo – just sums up this world cup (so far) and everything after that is boring pub parade presumptuous content.

Forget that b****cks…..

romster
    Free Member

MussEd
    Free Member

In 72 years Germany have failed only once to reach the quarter finals – good luck England!

Hairychested
    Free Member

In 72 years Germany have failed only once to reach the quarter finals – good luck England!

A game of football is like virginity – you can loose it to the strangest of men.

romster
    Free Member

In 72 years Germany have failed only once to reach the quarter finals

You've been listening to commentators too much – get your own opinion.

MussEd
    Free Member

Nah – saw it on the news at ten – my opinion is that this lot will shit the bed too…

romster
    Free Member

Newsreaders – Commentators – they're all the same, get your own opinion….. 😆

billybob
    Free Member

In 72 years Germany have failed only once to reach the quarter finals

That's not an opinion – that's a fact…

romster
    Free Member

That's not an opinion – that's a fact…

Good point……get your own facts…..!

maxray
    Free Member

That's blocks darcy tbh. Germany will fear us

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

blocks

Germany won't take England for granted but they don't "fear" England. They "fear" Holland and all the other standard "teams worth fearing". From what I hear, England is just another team they nearly always beat in competition. 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

I meant bollocks .. silly predictive testing!. What major tournaments have Holland won recently? I think they would have preferred the usa, Italy are struggling, swiss beat Spain and tonight result will get the bit between the teeth.

Zoolander
    Free Member

We'll be fine. Going to have to record it though and try and avoid the score til I get home. At least cwm carn may be quiet!
    Fancy us against the Germans though.

samuri
    Free Member

they play a bit of a slow game and lack penetration, they seem to rely on raspers from outside the box,

Yeah, that's my wife's major complaint too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In that Holland are their biggest rivals…the team by whom they least want to be beaten. That's their derby game. Over the next few days, the tabloids will whip the nation into an embarrassing xenophobic foaming at the mouth at the prospect of playing Germany. The fans will sing TWWAOWC at the Germans.

In the meantime the Germans will just get on with things.

anokdale
    Free Member

This World Cup is like WW2, The French jacked early without trying, The Yanks came in at the end and we were left to scrap the Boxheads alone. Who said history does not repeat itself.

mogrim

deadlydarcy – Member
    Can't help thinking you're f**ked to be honest. If not by Germany, then Argentina…two countries that England consider their biggest rivals. Funnily enough, playing England matters little to either side.

That's bollocks, Argentina would love to beat us. Sure, historically we may not be their most dangerous opponent, but the rivalry is entirely mutual.

theotherjonv

Germany have impressed me with their play so far, but haven't really delivered the goods. 4-0 against a poor Australia, only achieved once Cahill had been sent off (2-0 at the time and Aus coming back into it)

Beaten by Serbia

1-0 vs Ghana, who had umpteen chances themselves.

We meanwhile have still to really deliver, although in patches it was starting to click yesterday.

OK, they're a young team without fear but we have experience in the pressure of these games / Chapions league – I think it'll be close but I'd like to think we shade it overall.

Depends which team turns up sunday afternoon……

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

By the law of averages its about time we beat them
    Two very ordinary sides waiting to be shown how to play footie by the argies in the next round.

Looking at our central defence yesterday its frightening to think what Messi and co could do to it.
    Pass it round for ages, couple of decisive passes or penetrating runs and game over

oldgit
    Free Member

Rather this draw than Ghana TBH.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘So Germany next….’ is closed to new replies.