Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • So do we think these forks were "unused"!
  • nixie

A set of DJ1’s I bought from ebay. Advertised as taken off bike and not used. Few marks from storage. The storage location must have been a belt sander to produce these ‘minor’ marks! The dirt mark under the brace was another give away that they have been used. Stupid ebayers!

Listed as new (other) and

Never used, but slight wear and tear from being sat on garage floor after being taken off the bike.

deus

i’d have advertised them as having surplus material removed to lower the weight.

greeble
    Free Member

what the hell has he done with it?

druidh
    Free Member

Did you not get photos of them before buying?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m not even sure how anyone vaguely competent would manage to damage forks like that. The hex slot on the axle looks like someone tried doing it up with a flat blade screwdriver[edit] or an imperial allen key.

stcolin
    Free Member

Which is why I never buy off eBay….hope you can get it resolved.

wwaswas

looks like a bike dropped off the car rack without a wheel in there and it took a while for the driver to notice 😯

Jamie
    Free Member
    cakefacesmallblock

Crumbs ! Did he drag his knuckles as far as the fork ?

nbt

looks like they’ve been dragged across the tarmac for quite some way without a wheel installed!

tracknicko
    Free Member

if you try and do a jez avery style no front wheeled wheely, and then it goes wrong…

this happens.

spooky_b329

Looks like that may have been on a boot rack that has slipped down until the bike touched the road. At first I thought maybe someone had been trying to grind along walls like on a BMX, but the grind marks are going sideways!

metal_leg
    Free Member

Well, now you have a set of bombers you know what to do…

nixie

Good sleuthing Jamie

Yes I did see pics before hand (see link) however it looked to me like the paint was missing, nothing more (which you might expect from storage on ground).

wwaswas, hadn’t thought of that, does sound feasible though.

xiphon
    Free Member

To be fair, it does show some damage in the photos on eBay…. so you could have asked for a close-up of the effected area.

wwaswas

sellers other items;

oh dear 🙁

tracknicko
    Free Member

well now im confused… there’s a pic in the ebay link specifically of the damage!

if the guy is honest enough to photograph the problem in one of his 3 pics, then i think its you that has slipped up here mate…

nixie

Might well have slipped up and probably should have asked for a better pic of that area however I think the angle of the pic does disguise the extent of the damage.

I didn’t pay a lot for them as you can see and will probably still use them even with that metal missing.

float
    Free Member

ye hes got a photo of the damage (sort of…) but theyre not new(other) nor are they

Never used, but slight wear and tear from being sat on garage floor after being taken off the bike.

thanks for the laugh op, cheered me right up.

theflatboy
    Free Member

half and half, i’d say – seller has posted pics that show some damage but clearly not told whole truth about extent and nature. buyer could/should have asked for more info/pictures of specific areas.

my conclusion, though, would be that buyer is within rights to refuse goods as description is clearly false.

float
    Free Member

jesus all the bolts looks buggered as well…

Haze

I’d be a pissed off as well tbh, extent of the damage isn’t that obvious in the pics and I’d consider that to be a bit more than slight wear and tear from being sat doing nothing.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh i wouldn’t want em to be honest.. but if a description was that short, and yet still found time in it to mention damage, you should check out what the damage is…

wwaswas

will probably still use them even with that metal missing

they’re your teeth 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

i’d go along with the slipped down off the boot rack theory by the way…

Jamie
    Free Member

The only silver lining is it’s eBay, and you’re the buyer, so you will get sorted. The postage might be a tricky one. Not sure if Paypal takes care of that side of things as well.

Personally, I wouldn’t want forks that look like they have been attacked with an angle grinder.

nixie

I think I have to cover the postage back but they have to refund the initial postage. I’m half tempted to try and come to an arrangement with the seller though first. As long as they work I don’t think the areas that are missing are critical (its the area built up around the bolt recess that’s gone, still plenty around the axle itself).

Or perhaps I’ll keep them for owning :D.

Jamie
    Free Member

It looks like the original owner has owned several things with them already…

continuity
    Free Member

Could these be the bombers that our fabled hero smacked his victim with?

nixie

that would be one hell of stubble rash it they are

ski
    Free Member
    Elmo
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with forks from ebay.
    You have to pay the return postage, but lose out on £13 or the whole lot.
    Depending on how helpful the seller wants to be it may take upto a month to sort. Well mine did after having to file a dispute.

Jamie
    Free Member

Check out the book he is selling too

Lookupski.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You are due a full refund including postage, and tell the seller he can pick up his forks at your convenience, or he can arrange his own shipping. You should not be out of pocket one penny.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Why? There’s a clear pic, plus a description of damage.

What else do you need to see they’ve been dragged around on ‘the garage floor’

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Because the pic is too small to show the damage, and B the item is listed stating: A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear., which is obviously an absolute lie.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘So do we think these forks were "unused"!’ is closed to new replies.