Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So before I rip apart my forks…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

So having finally stopped putting off giving my Sektors a stripdown and service I reckon I’m all ready to go. Plenty of ‘how tos’ on basic fox servicing but struggling to find anything specific to my Rockshox however.

Not to worry, I reckon all I need is some new seals and foam rings (I have ones for revs but I assume they’ll fit, some fox suspension and float fluid and a big bucket to catch the drips.

I’m guessing all I do is remove the lowers, drain and clean them, carefully replace the seals and foam rings and refill with oil. I assume 10 wt will be fine, any idea how much to put in the lowers. The Tech manual was like a foreign language to me..

cheers folks

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have a look on Youtube plenty of good videos on there

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

why do you need new seals and rings? are yours leaking / damaged? a service is simply a clean and oil change

andyl
    Free Member

pretty sure that 10wt is wrong. normally 15wt in the lowers and 5wt in the damper for Rockshox.

br
    Free Member

So two reckon’s, one guessing and an assume…

float
    Free Member

have you got this in front of you?

ok, basically follow that.

ive done a lowers service on my recons. follow the manual, dead easy.

tpbiker
    Free Member

yep! Can you tell I have no idea what i’m doing 😉

Thanks TJ, will check out their condition, but they look ok to me!

float
    Free Member

ok, what do you want to know?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Hey Float…sorry that was in response to the mail above yours from BR! Thanks for the link, will study up before breaking out the tools!

kevolution
    Free Member

The rev seals will fit, but they are not the correct ones for sektor forks.
    The rev, pike, reba seal kits have an oil/pressure seal, wiper and thin foam ring. The sektor seal kit is the wiper with a thicker foam ring.
    The fork may run a little more sticky in the small bump response with rev seals fitted.
    They will bed in and seal better in the long term though.

kevolution
    Free Member

And oil weight is 5 in the damper, and 15 in the oil bath.
    140’S should run 120ml in the damper and 20ml in the oil bath. (manual says 15 but 20 works better for lubrication of the upper bushings.)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So before I rip apart my forks…’ is closed to new replies.