Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • So – after you've decided on the music – where you want to be buried?
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As we’re on such a cheery subject tonight 🙂

And apologies if it’s been done.

After a motorcycle accident a few years back me and missus csw had this conversation.

Hopefully its a long long way off!

I’ve told my missus I dont want to be buried. But ashes scattered over some hill / mountain that means something to us. Possibly illegal but she’s agreed. I’ve an idea where for me.

For her she wants in a specific graveyard – next to family which is great. We’ll be apart but at least hers is on a mountain too.

My mum heard this and hates the idea!

So where do we stand on this (if at all)?

chewkw
    Free Member

Will your mum live longer than you?

Does she have to pay for your ashes to be scattered over some hill?

If she has too then do postpone your departure so that she will not be concerned …

🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive told the Mrs she can put me out with the bins for all I care, If she goes first im having her stuffed 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

sweepy – Member

Ive told the Mrs she can put me out with the bins for all I care, If she goes first im having her stuffed

What a waste … feed it to the vultures or hyenas … 🙄

Gary_M
    Free Member

Something simple, there’s a woodland burial ground near me which would be quite nice. Not that being dead would be nice but you know what I mean.

Doesn’t really matter to me though.

falkirk-mark

sky burial

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Chewkw- we actually went to a Sky burial once. We were dubious as “guests”. Basically paying tourists. But apparently it paid for the family’s request. Was sobering though.

We also went to Hindu funeral pyres in Nepal where all are welcome. Even part of everyday life. I must say that left a lasting impression on me.

Edit –

Will your mum live longer than you?

Sadly – that’s not around too many corners. Shes got a clear plan though and loves it.

Hohum
    Free Member

All of my “recently” departed relatives (and I am talking about over the last 25 years with Nans, Grans, Grandads, etc.) have been cremated.

On my wife’s side they have been buried.

This then leads to a bit of a dilemma if I snuff it.

However, if the worst happens to me then I would go with my wife and her family’s wishes as (even though I still love my mother and father) they are now my family.

Personally speaking I would rather be cremated and my ashes put under a tree planted in one of my children’s gardens. I expect my wife to die after me and I would want her ashes put next mine. This is what happened to my maternal parents’ ashes.

It’s a bit sad thinking about it, but there you go, eh?

sweepy
    Free Member

What a waste … feed it to the vultures or hyenas …

Right enough she could feed me to the dog and cats, after all ive been feeding them for years, why change at the end

chewkw
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda – Member

Chewkw- we actually went to a Sky burial once. We were dubious as “guests”. Basically paying tourists. But apparently it paid for the family’s request. Was sobering though.

It’s a good deed to pay for funeral at other’s request.

We also went to Hindu funeral pyres in Nepal where all are welcome. Even part of everyday life. I must say that left a lasting impression on me.

It’s just carbon.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

If I go before the wife I want to be in an urn Royale Family stylee. Not on top of the TV as they have but on top of the PC monitor!

If I go after the wife I hope the kids have the sense to do whatever is cheapest and waste whatever I have left them after the spending the bulk of it on women and beer.

druidh
    Free Member

Woodland burial would suit me.

I’m not in favour of this spreading of the ashes on a hilltop idea. Apparently, it’s so common on some hills that it’s affecting the soil and encouraging non-native flora.

Mrs Druidh wants to be buried on Lewis. If I’m being honest, I don’t know that I could cope with that (assuming I outlive her).

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Some photos from my above post.

There is a chance this may offend some.

Please do not scroll down if recently beraved etc. Or Hindu. Seriously. P

Please. I’m going to hit enter a lot of times here.

Ok – I’ve hit enter a lot.
    lot
    lot
    It doesnt make any difference.
    so
    i
    hit
    enter
    a lot
    do
    not
    etc

On they way to sky burial:

I chickened out with the camera once there. I’ll not forget it.

The Ashes version:

Then party:

Kunstler

I seem to have forgotten what I was going to say.

lipseal
    Free Member

This is they way I want to go…
    FLY ME TO THE MOON

chewkw
    Free Member

I wonder if the person used a Kukri to lop off the goat’s head … 🙄

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I wonder if the person used a Kukri to chop off the goat’s head

Good old stw! Seriously. I’m chuckling!

What about the guy in the photo above cutting his toe nails as his mother is cremated? I guess she’d told him to keep trim them or clean them or something equally as practical!

samuri
    Free Member

Chuck me in a skip. I’ll be dead, I won’t care.

stanfree
    Free Member

**** me thats brutal , Was going to say I want to be cremated and scattered somewhere bonny. Im originally from Elgin so either somewhere up North or strangely at the top of Maidens cleugh looking down on Glencorse always seems quite serene.

My father in law was a big rugby fan and got scattered at Murrayfield . It was a great summers day and the funny thing was his 4 grandkids all very young playfully fought over the casket to spread his ashes. Sounds a bit strange but brought a lot of happiness to his wife .

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Stanfree – I like that a lot! I know it’s tough but younger generations involved, etc. You can remind them later if they evey become Welsh supporters or something!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cracking pic of the goat slaughter.

Not offensive at all. Just an image of part of the way of life of those people. I’ve seen such ritual slaughter in Bangladesh actually. Bit freaky the first time, but then that’s where meat comes from, so it’s a necessary part of the process. No more ‘brutal’ than a captive bolt gun or whatever in an abattoir here.

Surprisingly good thread this, in a strange way.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Is there any point to the photo of the goats head being cut off? Looks like the usual religious excuse for some good old sadism. There is even one of the “audience” whistling by the look of it.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’m not in favour of this spreading of the ashes on a hilltop idea

I agree. My dust will be specking a relatively unknown hill. In an out of the way spot.

IIRC we got to the top of Schieallon it’s covered in tooth enamel. Apparently it doesnt degrade like our other bits.

#Edit

Is there any point to the photo of the goats head being cut off?

Of course there is! It’s part of the passing of life. You’re going to **** off at some point. Someone will make some sandwiches (from a dead pig!) It’s what we do, just more in the open that’s all. I hope it’s not offended. I did try and warn etc etc.

Northwind

Just to be immensely awkward I’ve asked mine to be scattered off a beach just outside Arisaig, which is possibly my favourite place in the world… Never failed to find peace there, so, it seems appropriate.

Though I’ve thought sometimes it’d be fun to give the casket to the trailfairies and get myself mixed in with a barrowload of hardcore at Glentress :mrgreen:

chewkw
    Free Member

mudmonster – Member

Is there any point to the photo of the goats head being cut off? Looks like the usual religious excuse for some good old sadism. There is even one of the “audience” whistling by the look of it.

Well at least it was a swift lop.

🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is there any point to the photo of the goats head being cut off? Looks like the usual religious excuse for some good old sadism.

And your comment smacks of woeful ignorance of the culture and customs of others… 🙄

Think I’d probbly like to be part of the foundatins of a building or something, in the true East End tradition. 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

Northwind Arisaig Is a good shout , A bonnier beach I have yet to see. Gairloch would also be a nice place though I’d probably be cycled over by Rob G on his trips home. East lothian It would be Coast kid in the pug and I suppose the Pentlands would lead to 20 odd cyclists every wednesday . 😀

CountZero

Buried here:

Slaughterford Church. My dad was cremated, but my great grandparents and a couple of other relatives are buried here. Lovely little church, restored by the Victorians after Cromwell’s louts trashed it on the way to Bristol to sail to Ireland. Very peaceful little hamlet, I love the place.

Kevevs
    Free Member

llangelynin church. Although I am not at all religious. make some cement out of my dust and paste it to the surrounding stonewalls. It’s a meaningful, beautiful spot.

did anyone see that documentary about the bloke who invented the theory of parallell universes, mark everetts dad (e from eels). he was a devout atheist, but his wife filed his ashes away in a cupboard for years! seemed a suitable place!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

llangelynin church. Although I am not at all religious.

So why there if your’re not religious? I’m just curious?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I suppose it feels human. It has a strange aura, to me. and I’ve spent time there discussing stuff with my old man. It’s a personal place.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Sounds good enough to me!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Yes at least it would have been quick. I don’t care if I’m woefully ignorant. I just don’t agree with it.

druidh
    Free Member

Arisaig would be nice.

I got married there, so it has a certain symmetry 😉

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As a post script / edit I must say that I’ve removed some photos from above. Nobody needs to see them. Sorry.

Kevevs
    Free Member

this thread reminds me of the scene in The Big lebowski, where Walter is wafting Donnie’s dust all over The Dude from a tin can 😀

Let’s go bowling!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘So – after you've decided on the music – where you want to be buried?’ is closed to new replies.