Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Snuff
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

New album out.

Called ‘5 4 3 2 1 Perhaps’, on Fat Wreck Chords I think

That is all. **rushes off to find it**

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I thought you meant the nasal tabacco.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve already got 2 I can’t decide between –

or

Where should my money go?

somafunk

bugger, i thought you were about to advise us gents who are are properly attired in smoking jackets and cravats to retire to the morning room for a sherry snifter followed by a trial session on the new wondrous snuff just in from that newly discovered country south of the Americas.

binners

I thought it was going to be about dodgy films

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s about 4 Snuff fans on STW, if one of them reads this they’ll be happy as hell! 🙂

kayak23

They played a few times in my home town in the early nineties and I skateboarded with them out the back of the gig.
    I expect they still talk about it today… 😉

porlus
    Free Member

Saw them play in Darlington years ago. Class gig and loads of fun to. Rendition of the likely lads theme tune was a corker. Will defo check out the new tunes. Cheers.

stevie750

Saw them recentley supporting NOFX in newcastle. Excellent gig

mickyfinn
    Free Member

I’m Happy….

One of the best cover versions ever 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw_U6UfKVeM[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just listening to Mike Davis’ Punk Show and he played a track “In the Stocks” and I immediately recognised it as Snuff. Top tune.

somafunk

Just listened to it on itunes, sounds like the hardcore skater/cali type of shouty music i listened to back in the late 80’s early 90’s, Suicidal Tendencies did it so much better imho off course, Join The Army, Possessed To Skate, and the seminal “How will I Laugh Tomorrow?, When I Can’t Even Smile Today”.

Blackflag
    Free Member

suicidal tendencies better than snuff???? no chance, sorry!

ourmaninthenorth

Saw them in the back room of a pub in Northampton about 20 years ago. All respectable in the front, then all mohawked punks in the back. Suitably surreal.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Snuff are one of the origionals. Suicidal Tendancies probably wouldn’t have existed were it not for Snuff…. 🙂
    Best band I’ve ever seen by a country mile.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OMITN, it must be nearly that since I last saw them. That was the West End Centre in Aldershot, tiny room, big mosh pit at the front with these PROPER UK Punks (I was a skate/BMX punk) jumping about getting hurt, then sitting on the steps ouside with them after. The type of punks peple cross the road to avoid. Sound guys. Happy days…. 🙂

somafunk

Mike Muir started S-Tendencies back in 83-84, i dunno when snuff first surfaced?, but that’s beside the point – it’s all shouty music that’s a damn site more involving and demanding of a response than the usual anodyne crap that gets airplay so crack on 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just kidding mate, (hence smiley) but yeah, you’re right there. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Am now downloading the album 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

One of the best cover versions ever

And another one…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFuPobjXW0[/video]

And another…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR17Z5TvMtc&feature=related[/video]
    😀

VanHalen

defo better before they split/reformed and became US punk clones. but i loved that sound anyway as well. got me into NOFX and the like.

my dodgy 4th hand taped copy of snuff said was a firm fave in the walkman for the bike to school.

tee hee – i dont think even snuff would call themselves originals…

ourmaninthenorth

Yeah, sounds similar. Was there with a mate, though we weren’t ever punks – just a couple of 17 year olds who liked the songs.

Randomly saw a lad we’d been to school with (older than us) who was really square at school. He was in the middle of the mini-moshpit dishing it out!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Saw them over 100 times between 86 and 90 ish, happy days, kind of lost interest as I got more and more into rave. Shame they never produced anything which touched their live shows. I was close-ish to the band at one point and know they were offered a major label deal, can’t help feeling with a decent producer they could have achieved something on a wider stage. Absolutely incredible live.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

easily the most violent gig i have ever been to, cant remember who they were supporting but we thought it looked quite tame as we were waiting for them to come on stage, then within seconds, loads of old school punks turned up at the front, climbed the lighting rig, kicked off a massive circle pit and generally tried to injure themselves in as many different ways as possible…. it was ace!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

and know they were offered a major label deal, can’t help feeling with a decent producer they could have achieved something on a wider stage

I know what you mean, but would they have changed if that had happened? Maybe it wasn’t meant to be? Dunno.

Absolutely incredible live.

Indeed. A shambolic, mismatched bunch, But I’ve never seen anyone put so much effort into their performance. They just asked the crowd what they wanted to hear next several times. Then everone shouted “Arsehole” and that was the first time I’d ever heard it.

This new album is good so far, but I’ve only got iPhone speakers, no headphones, so it’s not loud enough. It’s very polished, and VERY varied.

Hope there’s a cover…. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

tee hee – i dont think even snuff would call themselves originals…

I think what I meant was one of the origionals of the new school Punk. Sorry. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Snuff’ is closed to new replies.