Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • snowdon, yay!
  • slowrider
    Free Member

After a summer of bad luck/timing where every day off seems to have rained and every nice day has seen me working dawn till dusk, Im off to snowdon for a few days to ride the rangers path a couple of times. The forecast has gradually been improving all week and with it more people coming out of the woodwork for a (late) end of summer trip. Obviously there is still time for things to change but Ive got a good feeling about this one.

That is all, pics and possibly a video to follow!

mccett
    Free Member

Will be up on Monday, watching the forecast closely! Have a good one.

Pook

Karting will be better.

(sod)

slowrider
    Free Member

Have a goodun Chris, let horas tyres down!

chiefP
    Free Member

Im heading up there on Saturday as the weather looks stunning just the 60mph winds to contend with 😯

Anthem-X
    Free Member

Went up the Lambaris path last weekend which isn’t as steep as the Ranger path…ChiefP is right though once your up the top it’s really windy. Hope the weather stays clear for you!!

Me and the lads on Snowdon

IanB
    Free Member

Went down Snowdon Ranger earlier in the year. Great fun, if a quite rocky in places:

P1020510 by ianbarrington, on Flickr

Lummox

Attempted it on wed. Progressively bad weather led to us summiting via llanberis before returning the route we’d come, don’t feel cheated at all and will be back.

Staggered at how many people thought we were mad?

timothecimmerian

We went on Monday up Llanberis in mixed weather. Had zero visibility at the summit so decided to go back down Llanberis rather than try the Rangers. Sods law that the sun came out half way down and stayed out for the remainder but to be honest we weren’t disappointed in the slightest. It was all our first time up there and we had a great time on the descent.

My mate with a 10 year old marin pallisades trail with no suspension to speak of and v-brakes requiring a kung-fu grip to slow down had a “lively time” (he’s still not got full use of his hands 4 days later!)

highclimber
    Free Member

i was up there the last weekend (walking) and spotted a group of people with an over average number of Orange 5s.
    Also, and more worryingly, I saw one guy porting what looked like a halfords special up to the trig point on the summit!

zangolin
    Free Member

Here is Snowdon Trig circa 1991 – my old Trek.

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah, the one I saw was nowhere near as camp as that one!

zangolin
    Free Member

yeah, the one I saw was nowhere near as camp as that one!

**** off that’s not camp it’s early 90’s radcore! – pink bottle cages + neon stuff was the way of the world back then 8)

chiefP
    Free Member

Slowrider you heading up there tomorrow? the weather is looking ok at the mo with just the wind to contend with, if you are Keep an eye out for a Cube 8)

smeg
    Free Member

Orange 5’s up snowdon did someone say! Went up last Saturday as well, bit windy & no visibility at the summit.

Rangers path is very good, will be back to try and clear the bottom bit.

Also want to try the Rhyd Ddu way down.

chiefP
    Free Member

Smeg,

You can do the Twin Peaks with uses Rhyd Ddu, very technical and challenging

http://www.flattyresmtbroutes.com/SnowdonTwinPeaks.html

smeg
    Free Member

Yes I saw that, cheers.

chiefP
    Free Member

Well i dont know if it was anyone on here up Snowdon today that i bumped into on the way down while they were walking up but that was awsome, the wind was something else as it was blowing over 60mph at the halfway House so i guess near 100mph on the summit and at some point near impossibe to move forward but it was nice and sunny up there and warm 😯

slowrider
    Free Member

Did rangers yesterday, bit murky up top but still amazing. I didn’t want to jinx my attempt to do it all no dabs in my first post and Im glad I kept it to myself cos I got it without too much hassle. Made a mental note of the line for the last awkward bit when I was up there in June and it saw me right. Others didnt fare so well, a busted hand, some scapes and bruises, 4 pinch flats, a snapped mech and 6 broken spokes were the casualties. I was buzzing for another go this morning but no one else was so we did the marin trail which was actually alright to my surprise. My brother had to pull out 30 seconds down rangers with a wheel that wouldn’t turn in the frame so that’s my excuse to go again soon!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was baking hot today,even managed to get a little burnt!Went up the llanberis path, down rhydd ddu back up the ranger to bwlch maes gwyn and down telegraph valley.First time out with gears and suspension in a LONG time…nearly enjoyed it.Until I stopped off for a quick lap of the marin on the way home-not a convert until they are really needed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘snowdon, yay!’ is closed to new replies.