Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Snowdon Trip
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve managed to swing a long weekend on Snowdonia with my girlfriend. I reckon I can get a free day to do Stiniog which I’ve been wanting to do for ages, and a couple of hours one evening to do Snowdon.

So far so good but where would you stay? I love the idea of staying in Llanberis at the bottom of the pass but when I went last time it didn’t like there was much there for a couple in their mid twenties (I realise that no Welsh village will have a raging nightlife, nor is that what I’m after!), could Caernarfon be a better option? Not after much, just a couple of pubs with decent closing times, a few bits to see and do and a large enough town centre to have a meander about in the evening, during the day we’ll have plenty to do outdoors.

The only time I’ve ridden Snowdon I went up the Llanberis pass and back down the same way. Loved it, but is the Ranger better/gnarlier/enduroer? Or even the Pyg?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

jedi

we went up rangers across telegraph alley to snowdon then back down rangers . loved it . not done pyg

jekkyl

Yes up Llanberis down rangers would be better, I’d probably want more than 2 hours just in case, but you’ve been up already and know how it is.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yes, should have said I’ll tell her it’s 2 hours and go from there… So what town does ranger spit you out on? I’d rather go up where I come down, so I’m not riding it totally blind. I know it’s nothing worthy of Rampage but more confidence=more fun!

chrishc777
    Free Member

How about Ryhd Ddu?

scandal42
    Free Member

Having done Rangers this weekend I was glad to do it blind 😀

Plus I would not fancy the carry up there.

jekkyl

the rangers spits you out at Llanberis, just go along telegraph valley and cross the tracks again. The YHA along the valley is ace: has a bar and does great cheao food, very cheap accomodation: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/snowdon-pen-y-pass

kimbers

Rangers brings you outata different point but its a short climb up to your right and you descend back to llanberris parallel to the lllanberris pass , rangers is techier and lots of fun!

saxabar
    Free Member

Or, park at bottom of Rangers, up, over to Telegraph Valley, down into Llanberis, up Llanberis path, sweet uninterrupted descent all the way down Rangers. No mega-night life but The Heights is a decent pub.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Sounds good saxabar but don’t think I’d get that done in an evening!

So worth staying in the yha? Anything within walking distance, apart from walking and riding obviously?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon Trip’ is closed to new replies.