Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Snowdon Llanberis Path and then down the Ranger Path route – gpx / tcx file
  • armchairbiker

I’m planning on doing Llanberis up / Ranger & telegraph down routes on Snowdon this week.

Has anyone got a gpx route so I can upload to my Garmin GPS to help keep us on the right route (and I will have map with us too!).

Thanks a lot. My email is in my profile

slowrider
    Free Member

you really really wont need it. go up the main llanberis path. after a steep steppy section you will go under the railway and the trail goes up steeply to your right. once this levels out a bit, just keep a look out for a trail on your right that crosses the rails. thats the rangers path. once the trail levels out at the bottom you will go along the flat for a bit. it starts to slope downhill slightly and a few waterbars appear; dont let it go, keep an eye out for an almost invisible marker post pointing up the grass bank on your right. if you get to a series of hairpin bends you have gone a couple of hundred yards too far. push up the grass bank to the top of telegraph alley, head back to llanberis. job done!

oh, and enjoy! still my favourite uk trail by far

simon1975

Yeah you can’t really go wrong, but use this if you like playing with your toy:
    http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Routes/Viewer.aspx?id=460

timmys

Surely you could knock one up on one of those online map do-dahs very easily? (I can’t personally recommend one as I use memory map instead).

Graham_Clark

This was my plan too… till I saw the weather forecast for the next few days:
    (From Mountain Weather Information Service http://www.mwis.org.uk)
    Effect of wind
    Considerable buffeting: on higher areas, at times any mobility difficult. Ferocious gusts near major ridges and tops. Significant wind chill.
    Didn’t fancy being up top with that sort of wind, especially as it would be in your face most of the way down the Rangers Path… Having to pedal to keep going isn’t my idea of fun!

armchairbiker

Thanks.

Graham – my plan is to go Friday. Supposed to be better at the end of the week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon Llanberis Path and then down the Ranger Path route – gpx / tcx file’ is closed to new replies.