Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Snowdon-best way up?
  • snakebite
    Free Member

For a family walk to the top…. with youngish kids? Have walked Llanberis path up before, so know thats OK. Would need to start/finish from the same point.

camo16
    Free Member

For families, I’d recommend Snowdon Ranger (starting/ending at the Llyn Cwellyn car park). Not as tricky for the kids as, say, the Pyg path.

jam-bo

how young? miners/pyg is nice variation but a bit steeper in places than llanberis.

rkk01
    Free Member

Got to be Llanberis for the bailout option???

(ie train)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cryb Goch !!! 😯

snakebite
    Free Member

kids range from 6-13, and a spaniel!

highclimber
    Free Member

pyg track from pen-y-pass car park. get the bus up from llanberis.

shortest route up and down

parkesie
    Free Member

Train 🙂 or Pyg track

highclimber
    Free Member

pyg track from pen-y-pass car park. get the bus up from llanberis.

shortest route up and down

but the least uninteresting

ElShalimo

As Highclimber said – bus from llanberis, then the pyg track but to give the kids some variation/interest come back down the Miners track. If its hot you can jump in the lakes to cool off

wrecker
    Free Member

Pyg track is doable for kids. I can imagine it being a thigh burner though, it’s pretty much a staircase from what I remember going down it. Crib goch is often lauded by proper climbers but I thought it was great fun. Can’t wait to do it again, don’t take the kids up there though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bus from Llansberis to PenYPass, walk up PYG, down the Llanberis path back to Llanberis.

chorlton
    Free Member

£25 each on the train. £18 for kids. 😯

SST
    Free Member

£25? Ouch!

I’ve only ever ridden up, never walked.

wors

we went a few weeks ago with the wife and kid, when i saw the sign saying all trains was fully booked, i could have jumped for joy. We went up to the halfway cafe on the llanberis path. My lad (5) loved it.

midlifecrashes

We’ve done Pyg track up, Llanberis down, kids and Spaniel. Bus ride adds a bit to the day out and getting to walk back into town to a cafe stop is a nice finish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon-best way up?’ is closed to new replies.