Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Snowboarder present for £25?
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Hi, I need a good present for a snowboarding member of the family for £25! Any suggestions?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A skiing lesson?

😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does it have to be anything to do with Snowboarding, the original post isn’t very clear 😆

Murray

One beer in Verbier? 🙂

ebennett

Snowboarding is expensive so probably not a lot you could get for that price. Possibly a board lock would be a good idea – I always mean to buy one but always forget!

I’ve got a version of this which is pretty useful if you do your own servicing.

jamesmio
    Free Member

– Board/cable lock
    – Pocket/bullet tool
    – Tub of Zardoz NOTWax (basically a tub of rub-on Teflon)
    – Voucher for a wax & edge – these are done regularly enough to be of some real benefit.

Any of the above would always be a welcome gift.

nedrapier

[1997] stomp pad and a beanie [/1997]

IHN

If they’re really into it, don’t buy them anything for it, cos you won’t know what they need and/or want. It’s like when people buy me things ‘for cycling’. They’re nearly always wide of the mark.

Go cash or vouchers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

How old are they?

matt_outandabout

Extra fabric so the pants can be even baggier? (duuuude….)

(Serious answer – a really warm baselayer)

GrahamS

A Rabbit Fur Ushanka… £17.

I have one of them that my dad bought me as a “snowboarding present” some years ago.

Too small, too hot unless literally in Siberia, no good with a helmet, and not that popular in America or Eastern European resorts.

ebennett

(Serious answer – a really warm baselayer)

Actually, this – can never have too many Helly Hansens! Often find myself wearing the same one multiple days when i’m away, which can get a bit pungent…

Murray

can never have too many Helly Hansens

– rubbish, one for daytime, one to sleep in if in a hut (and a clothes peg for your nose!)

kayla1
    Free Member

If they’re really into it, don’t buy them anything for it, cos you won’t know what they need and/or want. It’s like when people buy me things ‘for cycling’. They’re nearly always wide of the mark.

Go cash or vouchers.

This, and cash because it’s vouchers that can be used anywhere.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Helly Hansen baselayers are for posh middle aged skiers from the south east of england. Hence my question. Locks are for dweebs, stomp pads are unnecessary and rarely used.

It’s a minefield of shred

leffeboy

– Board/cable lock
    – Pocket/bullet tool

Always good
    Beanie always good

bluebird
    Free Member

Decent snowboard specific socks. Helly Hansen Warm Freeze merino/Lifa blend base layers are brilliant (despite what howsyourdad1 says). You can sometimes pick them up in sales for around £30.

ebennett

Helly Hansen baselayers are for posh middle aged skiers from the south east of england.

One out of four (well, I’m 37) ain’t bad 😆

GrahamS

Smelly Hellys are always useful to me too (not posh, middle aged, snowboarder from Glasgow)

matt_outandabout

Helly Hansen baselayers are for posh middle aged skiers from the south east of england.

Neither a ski-ist or boarderer, and from mid Scotland.

HH Warm (hybrid merino/manmade) is teh shizzle on a cold, damp day. Like a hug from a duvet.

DezB
    Free Member

Socks please! Can’t have too many snowboard socks. Wool ones.

ebennett

So far 3/3 for Helly Hansen wearers being Scottish 😀

I guess we know a thing or two about how to stay warm!

Speeder

I’d suggest a baselayer but no a Helly H one as they stink. I’ve got merino and you can go days without needing to give them any more than a rinse through (if that). Mine are Howies and Icebreaker which I got in the sales but there’s probably a few other brands at that sort of price point.

jimdubleyou

Socks please! Can’t have too many snowboard socks. Wool ones.

PARTY socks

fasthaggis

All the rage,dontyaknow.

beanum

If they have a favourite resort or two, maybe a piste map goggle wipe?

WipeOut piste map cloth

DezB
    Free Member

if the gift is for a someone considerably young than us old farts

Snowboard films have an age range??

Beagleboy

http://www.coolcasc.co.uk/

I’ve got the Triceratops one. It’s awesome!

vintagewino
    Free Member

The Fourth Phase is the MOST boring snowboard movie ever!

Go for tech socks or nice base layers. I’m quite fond of the BAM bamboo-based stuff.

nedrapier

I thought fourth phase was a bit meh. Expectations set too high, maybe.

My vote for fillums would be for The Best of TB series, for a history lesson or a nostalgia trip, depending on age! Will bear re-watching much more than a feature type flick.

Hah! posts crossed with the vintagewino’s. I was being diplomatic, but yes.

Digby

stomp pads are unnecessary and rarely used

Mmmm … depends on the board top sheet and the snow conditions. I don’t have a stomp-pad on my Jones Flagship, as this has a rough ‘natural’ wood finish. The Jones Mountain Twin however has a very shiny, slippy surface that has resulted in a few comedy moments during extended ‘one-footed’ adventures …

Good quality merino Snowboard socks are always a good idea – you can never have too many!!

Snowboard DVDs have been somewhat lacking for a few years I think.
    ‘Let It Ride – The Craig Kelly Story’ is good for a bit of nostalgia though.

What kind of riding do they do?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Snowboard films have an age range??

Your answer was two posts below… boring! .. Probably because the poster is as old as us and he finds all those spins and twists leave him a bit cold … as it does me, as I age…. As a young man though I like it.

andykirk
    Free Member

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Mons_Royale_Mueller_Mesh_Merino_FaceNeck_Warmer_Chube_Charcoal-(143952)?Curr=GBP/?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwqrYorHP1wIVRDwbCh1gMwcjEAkYESABEgKhh_D_BwE

One of these. Best thing ever. It actually allows you to breathe without getting the fabric wet. They are just brilliant. Good for skiers too. Let’s face it, we have to help them be cool somehow.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Stance Socks are really nice and comfy and Mrs Teadrinker bought one of these for me which is quite eggsellent.

[/url]2017-11-21_09-57-28 by Tony Pellowe, on Flickr[/img]

GrahamS

Ah merino…

My skin hates it. I’ve tried many different brands, including all the 100% not-itchy mixed with soft possum fur and puppy tears. It always itches.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Snowboarder present for £25?’ is closed to new replies.