Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Snow- wtf?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Apparently so. Strange, eh?

‘Scuse the light on some of these, my camera’s broken.

ton

i **** hate you………….and scotland………… 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

That’s not Scotland, it’s less than 2 hours from you!

ton

well, i apologise to scotland then………. 😆

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Some lovely terrain there, I’m jealous. 😉

TheSanityAssassin

Scotland’s less than 2 hours from mine though!!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Aye, at your pace maybe. Don’t think ton’s van is that fast.

Kevevs
    Free Member

nice shots! Inspiring 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Lovely colours

ton

cracking pics luke.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Where is this?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The snow looks like Whinlatter?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Aye, it’s whinlatter. We were supposed to do Helvellyn, but as you can see it wasn’t really suitable.

Other trails are Loughrigg Fell and Nan Beild.

Alejandro
    Free Member

It’s not broken, it’s just underexposing due to vast amounts of white in the frame (i.e. snow). Find the exposure compensation and give it a few plus clicks.

Nice pics btw.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Alejandro- the screen is cracked so I can’t fiddle with any of the settings other than switching between auto/p/video etc. Shame really but sometimes it ends up with some interesting shots.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Is this all on the same day???
    could you post a description of the loughrigg router as looks like a cracker 😛

epicyclo

Some good riding conditions there 🙂

twelveski
    Free Member

That looks like Nan Beild the wrong way! Did you manage to ride most of it down? Done it the other way a few times but recently have been thinking of trying it the other way around.

freeridenick
    Free Member

ah yes just got it, thats nan bield the wrong way! 😀

crazy-legs

It is Nan Bield the wrong way isn’t it?! Luke you idiot, I told you which way to do that!

Glad I wasn’t there now if you’re going to do things like that… 😉

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Sweet. 😀

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Calm down dear!

We did Nan Bield both ways- just an out and back due to daylight. I prefered it heading north- much techier descent. Really gets your heart going and a serious test of skill- think it’s the 2nd hardest big descent I’ve done after Ben Nevis. We rode perhaps 90% of the northern descent. The way back was nice and mellow and about as much fun but in a very different way.

The loughrigg route is very simple and very short- less than 10 miles- but it was meant to be a social ride. It takes the bridalway from Browhead Farm to Little Loughrigg, then North West along the road then right on the bridleway called Loughrigg Terrace back. A lot of fun in very little miles.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

When did you do the Nan Bield ride? You weren’t part of a big group of lads about to head back down to Kentmere at about 4pm on Sunday were you?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Indeed we were- there were 5 of us. Were you the bunch who came down the footpath from Harter fell? Looked a fun ride.

Did you make it back down in time? We were all cutting it pretty fine for darkness and we had a puncture on the way back down so you were in the back of my mind when we didn’t see you go past on the road.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Yes, we’d set off a bit late after a night out at the Staveley Beer hall. We headed up Gatesgarth and decided that we were going to run out of light so took the quicker option. It is a good descent. There are some fun little rocky steps with some big exposure, some rideable others not. We did get down but in the dark. Punctures and snapped chains always seem to happen when it’s most akward.

flatfish
    Free Member

Blimey, i took my son around the red route on saturday for the first time. If it was snowing i don’t think i’d get the little wimp back out on a bike. 😯

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Looks sweet. I could totally have bunked off tutorials and come as well.

Next time!

Woody
    Free Member

That looks great, especially pic 7.

therealhoops
    Free Member

There was some white stuff at Flash (Buxton/Cat’n’Fiddle) as well. I blame the government.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Your son would’ve been able to do the blue, it was snow free. The rain was the worst.

flatfish
    Free Member

He didn’t want to do the blue as he’d done it last month.

sambob
    Free Member

Cat&fiddle was closed yesterday morning according to High Peak radio, shame the snow isn’t lower down though 🙁

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Snow- wtf?’ is closed to new replies.