Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)
  • Snow Updates.
  • northernerindevon

Plymouth is just rainy, grey and pretty chilly…

richmtb

I’m more worried about the UFO’s in ChunkyMTBs picture!

onandon
    Free Member

Chunkymtb . Sod the snow. I’d be more excited about the UFO invasion 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks

This thread is hilarious… Keep the pictures coming of your heavy snowfall ! 😯

40mpg

Its actually doing quite well in the New Forest – well enough to get ma a WFH day! Needless to say this will almost certainly involve a quick pedal a bit later 🙂

View out at 7.50 this morning

P1181154 by T*inbred, on Flickr

Aristotle
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

Starting to snow hard now…

Front of office..

More worryingly than that slight dusting of snow and seemingly very clear roads is that

ALIENS APPEAR TO BE INVADING IN FLYING SAUCERS!

houndlegs
    Free Member

South Wales valleys reporting in. At least 6 inches lying in the back garden,and still snowing heavily. I haven’t ventured out the front to check the roads,and that’s the way it’s staying. Report over.

konadad
    Free Member

nothing yet in accrington but going to manchester at dinner time to look at a job. will i get there? more important will i get back? 😯

multi grain batch loaf, brioche and pain au chocolat for the lockdown

sharkbait
    Free Member

That ^^^ doesn’t look too deep. Are the roads clear?

I didn’t say it was deep, just snowing hard (which had only just got going). It’s getting deeper!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Aristotle – Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

Starting to snow hard now…

Front of office..

More worryingly than that slight dusting of snow and seemingly very clear roads is that

ALIENS APPEAR TO BE INVADING IN FLYING SAUCERS!

Have another read…

footflaps

Well I just cycled through 0 feet of snow to work, to sit at my desk and watch no snow fall through the window. I’ll be asking for my money back at this rate…….

Aristotle
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Front of office..
    Have another read…

Take another photo to show the developments?

…or have the aliens attacked?

camerone
    Free Member

4 miles west of Stourbridge in home office. 2 inches or so and snowing hard. off out on bike at lunchtime.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Aristotle – Member

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Front of office..
    Have another read…

Take another photo to show the developments?

…or have the aliens attacked?

Will do. Although just checking my post to check where it referenced deep snow….

Aristotle
    Free Member

Warrington:

It’s going to get heavy later on, apparently.

yossarian
    Free Member

singletrackmind

at work near Winchester . Been snowing constantly since 0730 , sometimes it gets lighter , then comes in again heavier.
    somewhere between 2″ and 3″ but as its a gusty wind its getting blown about alot .
    About to head home but the roads are all **** .
    So , do I whack on the chains and use the backroads, or sit in the traffic jams on my usual route . hmmm , tricky .

Aristotle
    Free Member

Walk home

mattjg
    Free Member

By Surrey standards, this is becoming a dump.

Brought the sledge in from the garden so it’ll be dry for tomorrow.

timber

Brecon Beacons look pretty average, about 6″. Wind is more of an issue, pushed through the drifts in the Land Rovers to our yard below Storey Arms, but come home before they get too big to push through. Drifts were about 3-4 foot on our lane.

theotherjonv

Oh bum. Wife’s work have just called to say the conference is postponed until next weekend and I’m due to be away.

Wife is very disappointed, she was convinced she was going to get at least 6″ on Sat night.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

3″ settled in S Hills now. Dne the dog walk and looking forward to a snowy ride later!!! Met Office have been ok with the weather (if not climate :wink:) and as predicted its heaviest now so far today.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“looks out of window”
    “checks trains on webby”
    “gets another cup of tea”

It is snowing here in snowy Surrey (Kingswood/Tattenham Cnr area) but it’s light fluffy and only just about sticking.

“looks around office again to see people packing up”

lilchris
    Free Member

scunny – Member
    I’ve got to get from Lincolnshire to Gatwick airport by train on Saturday morning….whats the chances i’ll make it?

Slim to nil.

Gatwick area’s had almost 2 inches, and it’s getting heavier now.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Wife is very disappointed, she was convinced she was going to get at least 6″ on Sat night.

😯

onandon
    Free Member

Lol I was just going to quote that same line 🙂

CountZero

Chippenham, about ten minutes ago:

bland

Getting nothing up in Saddleworth. Infact we had more on Monday when there was clear blue skies yet it still came down.

Typical, the worst place in the country for crap weather escapes

mattjg
    Free Member

7cm now in my garden, Surrey Hills. No sign of it stopping.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nowt up here in Falkirk, in fact its lovely and sunny! cold though

Drac

Well I was right the press got it wrong for us, they said 2″ today and I laughed at them.

So far we have going on 4, took the dog out on his invisible bike.

Border Terrier BIke by Lee Collis, on Flickr

MrsToast
    Free Member

There’s nearly an inch and a half of snow in Leamington, all of the shops are closing early. SNOW! SNOWMAGGEDDON!

cat69uk
    Free Member

Nowt all day here near Consett, just the left overs of earlier in the week. Lovely, sunny & cold.

SD-253
    Free Member

Roads still very iced up (Lincolnshire Wolds). No problem ice tyres on my bike get to pub easy.
    Electric off couple weeks back for 18 hours+, No problem wood burner and I got 54 pound compo which they sent twice!! Brilliant in fact. WATER OFF not happy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gatwick area’s… no chance

Disturbing; why not? The airport is operating, as is the motorway network.

Scamper
    Free Member

Not much in brum, about 4 inches. Enough to stop BMW’s, mind.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Trains cancelled in KIngswood to Lonbon Bridge if that helps anyone, I’ve just taxied it to East Croydon 🙄

yossarian
    Free Member

This is like our own 9-11. I feel I can look Americans in the face now.

Northwind

IT BEGINS! I hereby declare Edinburgh shut, I can see at least 2 snowflakes out the window.

Had an excellent conversation with my mum… “So, I’ll be driving through to Glasgow on friday night when the snow’s on, but it’ll be fine I’m sure” “Yeah it’ll be fine”, she says. “Oh and I’m taking little brother too”, I says. “Oh no, don’t go driving in the snow!” she says.

Either little brother is more valued than I am, or she’s comfortable with losing 1/3d of a generation at a stroke but not 2/3ds. Either way it’s a bit of a blow.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Snow Updates.’ is closed to new replies.