Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • SNOW DAY for me
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Enjoy work those who are in 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

Me too! Definitely going for a ride later. 😀

Safe journey to work everyone else.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I can’t get my car out of the drive, however I only have to go for a 2 hour meeting with the company directors in london, so bet not stand them up. guess it’s a walk to the trainstation for me then 🙁

boxelder

+1 for me 😀

That’s a 4 day weekend so far.

LoCo
    Free Member

Same here I’ll still be ansewring emails though if anyone needs anything, 😀
    going to strip my bike in my workshop here for sale 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

Working from home for me as I have no meetings today so no point in trying to do a 80 mile round trip for the sake of it

votchy
    Free Member

Where are all you guys based, here in the tropical west midlands there is approx 30mm of snow, roads are clear and still the office is half empty, bunch of lightweights, pah!!

boxelder

NW Cumbria for me. A few inches, but enough to stop school buses running.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

School call from the head to check how my situation was, then a text from the school text system to let me know, it’s a snow day.
    <swot>Already started working on our Virtual Learning System though.</swot>

LoCo
    Free Member

Welsh valleys, it’s an extra 700ft elevation to the workshop with 3 big hills and extra snow due later so I’ll stay in my workshop at home 😀

mieszko
    Free Member

Uni is closed for the whole day today. Loads of snow in Edinburgh. I’ll have to revise for my exams at home 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Working from home (plus a ride over the hills on all the virgin snow that fell last night)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Peak district

luked2
    Free Member

There’s about 5mm of snow where it’s drifted 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve got the week off. 8)

gamo
    Free Member

Schools are closed for the second day so i am at home with my two.
    We’ve got about 15″ of snow in the back garden.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

boxelder

Just back from a spin up and around Whinlatter – way more fun than I hoped and totally rideable. May post pics later.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Well, looks like essentially 24 hours of snow means today it is worse rather than better, so here is snow day number two. Not much sleep last night so back to bed I think 🙂

househusband

Snow day #3 for me.

Forth Road Bridge closed both directions being, metaphorically, the icing on the cake.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

3 minute commute on my bike so I’ll be making it in!

However, just recently swapped that for a 120 mile round trip round the m25, so I’m quite happy all things considered!

ziggy
    Free Member

Still no snow in Wiltshire 🙁

bullheart
    Free Member

Schools closed, nothing a PE teacher loves more than snow…!

Now, wheres me bike?

carbon337
    Free Member

Im working from home and have been since Monday. Unfortunatley I cant get the car to the local trails and its too deep in Northumberland. So the bike can stay nice and cozy tucked away in the shed.

I really fancied an Inners uplift day at the weekend too.

cozz
    Free Member

ive been into work (self employed) to check everything is okay, then home to play in the snow

especially cos I’ve got a pugsley – it would be rude not too !!!

Its first trip out on the white stuff

simonm
    Free Member

Rob, that looks like mean sledging hill

racing_ralph
    Free Member

updated pic

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    JohnOne72
    Free Member

Same here, rode 20 miles home through the snow last night passing lorries stuck on hills in derbyshire. Went snowboarding in about a foot of fresh powder this morning great stuff. Riding back to work tomorrow should be fun too! I love winter.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

ralphy how much snow you got in cresbrook? im at uni now but im racing thronbridge at the we ,should be a laugh….

jimster
    Free Member

Never get a snow day me, live 500 yards around the corner from work!! 😈

Drac

What’s a snow day?

firestarter
    Free Member

Drac It’s where enough people at one work place whine enough to get the place shut I believe 😉

Drac

Hmmm! I wonder if I can try that in Friday night. There’s 2 of us so if one of them moans to their boss, me, then maybe I should let them home. Or maybe we could just carry on as normal and find ways to manage.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

and you lot pay us so thanks

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m certainly wanting to try it lol in fact if two of the lads can’t get in there is noone to drive the engine anyway , happy days

singlespeedbingo
    Free Member

Tut tut tut Mick! A snow day isn’t where people whinge…it’s where a headmaster takes the understandable and reasonable move in closing the school so as not to risk the health and safety of pupils or staff either getting to work, getting home or whilst on site….I hope with everything I’ve got he makes the same choice tomorrow. Cashback

Drac

Don’t you have 4×4 to pick them up in Firestarter?

We have managers with hired 4×4, using local medical support with 4×4 and the Police 4×4 to ferry staff.

and you lot pay us so thanks

And you pay mine too.

bigbob38
    Free Member

I still have no snow to play in 👿

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah we have some 4x4s we are also doin ambulance cover too to help em out

Ey up papa Ganz long time no see on here 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘SNOW DAY for me’ is closed to new replies.