Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SNOW – Aviemore/ Inverness. just had a wee dusting…
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

sorry, couldnt resist that classic "snow" title.

Forget driving south of Inverness.the drifting is too bad between Raigmore and Carrbridge.

Aviemore had 420cm of snow yesterday (on top of what was there)
    A further 20cm + is expected today.

Cairngorm has over two and a half metres of powder on the upper slopes with two metres on lower slopes.

Aviemore has rows of heavy goods vehicles along the main street so getting around town might be tricky. beware.

that is all.. back to work.

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

420 cm!!!!

what's another 20 on that 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

I would like to see the Cairngorm workers measuring stick for the 2.5metres of powder lol.

oh sorry, possibly wrong forum.

spooky_b329

Pics please 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

420 cm!!!!

what's another 20 on that

erm… 440 cm. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

420cm?? over 4 metres or do you mean mm?

guitarhero
    Free Member

We're all doomed

whytetrash

Bet none of the chuffin lifts are open anyway…it'l be the wrong type of snow!

Vinte
    Free Member
    martinxyz
    Free Member

aye sorry, 42cm! but 250cm on slopes.

anyone want imperial?

Anyone for Carn Ban Mor this weekend?

martinxyz
    Free Member

BRIAN HANGING OUT THE WASHING ON THE PTARMIGAN TOW ROPE

you know how high the tow lines are when standing on the ground. wow.

devs
    Free Member

It's weird. Elgin is a snowless green island. Go even just 5 miles in any direction and there is 2 ft of snow. We are stranded. Blocked in. I'm having to put off work because I can't get there. My local trails have had snow since 18 Dec, my 6 month old puppy Axl thinks that snow is normal – since he's been allowed out for walks that's all there has been. There is a pond I ride past which has been frozen since November. Hit a total of 30 snowy rides for the winter on Thursday. Not bad considering I was away for 2 weeks and for some of the time it was just too deep! Global warming rocks.

Sandwich

Cairngorm Mountain webcams look ace. Too much to do anything though. I hope it all consolidates some before 5/6 March when I'm due to climb.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Aye martin, there is a shed load of snow up there. I only got as far as Glenmore, but there's 1m there and that's unblown depth, some of the drifts are deeper than the van! Can't see them getting it open for days. I'm going to skin up prob' monday morning with the camera to hopefully get some pics of what is the best snow season anyone our age can ever remember. Biking – what's that…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SNOW – Aviemore/ Inverness. just had a wee dusting…’ is closed to new replies.