Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Snooker.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s clearly not the most exciting sport but I always get drawn in. Genuine dusty room moment with the Paul hunter foundation bit.

SaxonRider

Can’t say I sympathise with the ‘getting drawn in’ part. I don’t mind playing, though.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Sport?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s a nostalgia thin I rekcon; probably used to watch it with my granddad when I was a youngster. Can’t remember though. It’s vaguely enjoyable, quite relaxing, a joy to watch a master like Ronnie play when he’s on form. Also enjoy John Virgo’s commentary

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Incredible skill, whether you want to class it as sport or not is up to you.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So is f1 a sport?

mlbaker
    Free Member

I think sport is defined by competition rather than athleticism

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

So is f1 a sport?

No, it’s a joke.

Snooker’s a game TBF

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

So is f1 a sport?

Now that you bring F1 into the frame, I guess it isn’t ”An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment:”, so no it probably isn’t a sport.

loddrik
    Free Member

Was watching a bit of the snooker earlier and made me think of when I was a lad I used to stay at my grans and we’d spend hours watching snooker on a black and white tv…!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Skill and competition so yes it’s a sport.

djflexure

Had it on while I was bike building today – who won? Was 4-2 when I left it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Skill and competition so yes it’s a sport.

Apart from Bill Werbeniuk, where’s the physical exertion? 😛

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

You try lifting that much glass and liquid 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had it on while I was bike building today – who won? Was 4-2 when I left it.

It’s still on….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Snooker.’ is closed to new replies.