Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Snapped P7 Tange Prestige
  • Ambrose

A friend has snapped his frame. He's not sure that it will be warrantied because there was some previous corrosion/ dent due to chainsuck induced damage. What is the STW opinion about whether or not this should/ could be warrantied by the good people at Orange?

TheSwede
    Free Member

I think being stored in the channel for the last 10 years may void the warranty 😉

Ambrose

?

naokfreek
    Free Member

Did he find it in a canal?

scaredypants

TheSwede – Member
    I think being stored in the channel for the last 10 years may void the warranty

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

doesnt he feel he has had his moneys worth over the years ?

PJ266
    Free Member

Dont worry Ambrose, a dirty bike is rarely seen on STW.

Ambrose

Its approx. 1 year old, a limited edition re-issue I believe. And it's dirty because it had just been around Brechfa last weekend.

PJ266
    Free Member

Just got back from doing The Raven, its certainly muddy!

dano
    Free Member

I found one like dat in salford quays innit'

If it is one year old then I would at least send a pic to orange… I think it may be worth cleaning it first but!
    To be honest, if it already had a dent, this has probably caused the frame to fail, they may do you a cost price replacement though?!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

ouch! did you call them?

naokfreek
    Free Member

And it's dirty because it had just been around Brechfa last weekend.

Ya..figured..was only pulling your leg, give them a ring in the morning.
    I've no experince when it comes to steel frames but that looks like a clean fail. Can't say that chain suck/dent should cause that though..if it were ali, then maybe but steel should brush that kinda thing aside? or not?

Ambrose

Ta for that.

scratch
    Free Member

Get it sent back, at that age the least they can do is take a look.
    It's done some miles but nothing mental, you'd have thought it'd have years of bridleway bimbling left in it.

And get a rag over it first!

//Ambrose, Wens is a bit far to travel for a night ride, just riding from the door at the mo' – give us a shout sometime and I'll show you some ace stuff in the Rhondda//

0range5

My Switchback frame has a few dents & has never shown any signs of failing. It is correct that steel is generaly much less likely to fail from that kind of thing than an alu frame although I once had a light steel frame fail with a clean break totally out of the blue. But as far as I'm aware that's not usual.

druidh
    Free Member

Wouldn't have happened if it was carbon.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Snapped P7 Tange Prestige’ is closed to new replies.