Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Snapped Oakley Arms Advice please?
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Some how I managed to snap one of my arms in half and am wondering what to do.

Have any of you sent yours back to Oakley to get fixed? If so, what is their service like and what was the cost?

They are 2001 Cobalt Blue Minutes and are practically new.

Cheers

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oakley have fantastic customer service and as I recall are very reasonable on repair costs.

Smee
    Free Member

I thought that Oakleys came with a lifetime guarantee against breakage. As in if you managed to break them, they would replace them.

acjim
    Free Member

I sent mine (square wires) back after snapping them in a crash and got a new set in return, no charge!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

They state 1 year on their website.

Did you send them to UK or USA?

brooess
    Free Member

InfoUK@Oakley.com

email these people. I snapped my Fives and as they were discontinued I got the offer to replace them with something like a 40% discount which I was happy with. I lost a nosepad from my Half Jackets and they're sending me spares for free

nbt

I'm on my third set of M-frames now. £14 or so buys you a new warranty, if the frames can be fixed or replaced they will be, if not you get 50% off list price. Give them a call, they're very helpful people.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Get in touch with Oakley UK. I had a pair of eye jackets and snapped one of the arms. £10 to replace the arm and turned them round in less than a week. Snapped the other arm a year later and Oakley rang me up saying they had revised the frames and I would therefore need new frames and arms. 'How much will that cost' I asked. 'Nothing at all. We just wanted to make sure you were happy for us to do it before we removed the lenses' they replied!

Oakley are worth every penny you pay for them.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i had a set of oakley somethings that snapped when i sat on them. took them back to the oakley shop in covent garden and they just gave me another set without me even asking for anything!

crikey
    Free Member

+9 or so, Oakley are worth it for the customer service alone, replace your broken 9 year old M-frames for £15 sir? Oooh, suits you.

DrJ

They repair/replace frames; not lenses 🙁

Dimmadan
    Free Member

sweet, email sent. cheers

nasher
    Free Member

I only wear oakley glasses, have done so for over 14 years and probably the best customer service i have ever experienced.

Send it to them and you are more than liely to get a new arm or frame and arms.

NOT lenses though, but they usually offer these at a very good discount.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Oakley dealers will be able to supply you with a Freepost envelope to send them back.

They've rescued many pairs of mine when my clumsiness has damaged them.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for Oakley UK! My lenses were scratched quite badly, so they offered to replace the lenses with new ones for £30. They also gave them a little service, replaced the rubber bits on the arms and the nose pads too. Spot on.

stumpy01

Mate of mine left his sunglasses on the stairs to take up next time he was going up & trod on them……D'oh!
    Anyway….sent them off & got a new frame for £17.

When they came back a small scratch that was on one of the lenses had gone, so we reckon they just gave him a completely new pair of glasses.

sq225917
    Free Member

Hmmmmmf. They couldn't find me any ear-socks to go with my original Sub Zero arms/frames, I mean come on what sort of sunglasses company doesn't keep spare parts in stock for 17 years.. Amateurs

nuke

Bought a set of Oakleys in the US but broke the arm when I was in the UK: Oakley fixed them for free…very quick, fantastic service. I've broken them again now 😳 but I'm expecting a charge this time as they are quite old and tbh I doubt they'll have the dark blue/black stripe arms any more.

surfer
    Free Member

They repair/replace frames; not lenses

I was in France last year buying a new pair and I mentioned that the lenses on my 4 yr old Oakleys (which I use a lot for running) were "peeling" a bit at the edges. She took them off me and replaced them with new lenses for free!!

sprootlet
    Free Member

Fantastic service, replaced my snapped frame and posted them back to me for £14. Replaced countless nose bits and ear socks as my other half is careless.
    Just wish more companies were this helpful ….

Sandwich

Lenses only get replaced if there is a manufacturing fault with them, not scratches but peeling failing coatings are covered.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Snapped Oakley Arms Advice please?’ is closed to new replies.