Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Snakeskins OK for Ard Rock or something tougher?
  • flip456
    Free Member

Ok, not long to go now and it’s just dawned on me that the current NN and RRtyre combo won’t be much good in those rocky sections…
    So I’m currently looking at a Magic Mary and Hans Dampf upgrade. Will the snakeskin versions be tough enough for a bimbler who constantly picks poor lines?

smatkins1
    Free Member

My brother had single ply tyres and tubes last year and ended up getting a puncture in the race and had to run to the end of the stage… If you’d consider that scenario race ruined, embarrassing and frustrating then you might want something a bit tougher.

I ran MM front and HD rear last year tubeless in super gravity flavour and was very happy with that combination… but not saying that’s the most suitable though.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Ok, not long to go now and it’s just dawned on me that the current NN and RRtyre combo won’t be much good in those rocky sections…

I love the nobby nic on the rear… but my normal snakeskin version just sliced and diced. I’ve gone for the double defence on the rear and just trying to decide between the mary or sticking a supergravity damf on the front if it’s going to be dry as a bone…
    I wouldn’t trust the normal NN on those rocks but I’ll be sticking in some extra sealant to be sure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Snakeskins OK for Ard Rock or something tougher?’ is closed to new replies.