Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Smothering a snorer?, would I get away with it?
  • somafunk

😈 Argh….grhhhhh……fkinhellllllllllllllll…..shuthefupfortheloveofgodjusleaseshutthefuporimgonnabreakintoyourroomandsmotheryouwithapillow 😈

Been up since 6am wednesday morning, at work from 8am till 3pm then I jumped in the car to travel from kirkcudbright to Aviemore to collect a new bike today-Thursday (240 miles, usually takes 5hours absolute max including one coffee stop) but I hit the worst of the snow from dumfries through and up to the M74 up past M73 and M9 at Stirling area, reduced to a crawl in one lane for most with stops to clear snow from headlights , thankfully there was not any snow for the final 60 miles to Aviemore on the A9 but it still took me 7.5 hours to get to Aviemore, grab pizza and beer at the Italian – yum, worth the journey on its own. Get to hotel room, faff about and eventually get head down but wait?………I can hear a distressed animal in the next room……it sounds badly injured and in distress…….unfortunately it’s not an injured animal as I then would be able to break into the room, snap its neck and put it out its misery but this is a **** snorer, and not just a normal, occasional snorer but the **** Guinness world record breaking King snorer , I think I fell asleep eventually after 3am but I awoke to sounds coming through the wall at 4.30am that I can only akin to a pig with its nose in the trough coming from next door, I swear if I place my hand on the wall I can feel vibrations and it’s a bloody brick wall so the db reading in the snorers room must be off the scale, the **** train passes below me and that makes less noise.

I’s it legal to smother a snorer in such a situation?, ffs I have the tv on and I can still hear it,

I’ve tried banging on the door to wake them to say “will you please stfup” but there is no waking them, if it wasn’t for the fact it’s -4 outside I’d sleep in the car,

Rant over, I’m now going to run head first into the wall to attempt to knock myself out

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You can get your money back if it’s a Premier Inn

cranberry
    Free Member

If you keep waking up you are obviously not that tired.

legend
    Free Member

Phone reception, “there’s a massive amount of noise from next door”, let them deal with it

grahamt1980

Ear plugs in your travel kit.

singlespeedstu

Lets see your new bike then. 😀

Xylene
    Free Member

I thought your thread was – “smothering a southerner would I get away with it?” which is a definite yes.

piemonster

“Get away with it?”

I’d help! Happy to either directly assist or provide an alibi.

Email in profile.

onehundredthidiot

Mrs just text to she she woke herself up with a pump last night.

She’s on a ward with 6 other people.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ear plugs

Don’t travel without them

martinhutch

Mrs just text to she she woke herself up with a pump last night.

😯

Personally, can’t sleep without wax earplugs now, and would never head for a hotel without them.

Poor bloke probably has hideous sleep apnoea and will wake up more tired than when he went to bed. Then fall asleep at the wheel.

somafunk

Not a premier inn, and there’s no one at reception (high lodge Aviemore, very nice rooms, comfortable beds all the same).

And ear plugs?, yep I shoulda brought mine, especially as they are custom moulded earplugs with a choice of up to 50 db attenuation (use them at gigs/festivals) but I was in a rush and forgot, I also forgot my new rha t20i earphones. I’m a very light sleeper at the best of times as where I live is very quiet, no traffic, no noise whatsoever.

I kinda sorted it though, things came to a head at 7am, I removed the seat cushions from the sofa and two armchair cushions , the two pillows and two scatter cushions from the bed and I built myself a nest on the bathroom floor with the cold water tap left trickling away for good measure, I managed to get over an hrs sleep but stupid-stupid me had left my phone next door with my noisy alarm primed to go off at 8.20am – doh! 😀 .

Feel kinda groggy and very heavy eyes but a cold shower woke me right up, now for a mountain cafe vegi breakfast and coffee to bring me round, and of course then on to collect my bike I ordered 5 months ago…..I bet I crash it out on the frozen trails 😀

vintagewino
    Free Member

+1,000,000 for earplugs! I never ever sleep in a hotel bed without them. A bunch of Chinese chaps arguing at max volume in the room next to mine in a Moscow hotel taught me that lesson.

jamj1974

Sorry to hear about your disturbed night but have a cracking first ride!

RustyMac

no cycling into benches in your tired state, we all know what happened last time.

neilpass
    Free Member

My wife can be a terrible snorer I often use an app called Sleep Pillow and listen to a pouring rain soundtrack. Where do you get custom made earplugs?

somafunk

My comedy of errors/stupidity continues, I should have removed the 2″ of snow from the car before I attempted to turn in last night, just spent the last hr carefully chipping away at the ice covered Popsicle that was previously a car, and guess who left his full camelbak in the boot?, yep….that’d be me-I have a 2litre ice cube in my camalbak.

Stunning day up here though so all is well, especially as my breakfast and cappuccino has arrived, next stop bothy bikes 😀

Ps earplugs are a variety of custom acs units, we run the dance tents at a couple of festivals so they are pretty essential-I like my hearing the way it is

singlespeedstu

Come on Kenny hurry up with the bike pictures.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Been in the same situation. I’m amazed at the poor sound insulation in many purpose built hotels.

hammyuk
    Free Member

PPPPPP

seosamh77
    Free Member

Could you not just have stuck some earphones in and fell asleep to some music?

alpin
    Free Member

years ago whilst travelling in Oz there was a terrible snorer in the room. it was so bad that i ended up jumping down from the bunk bed and started throwing shoes at him until he moved/woke up stopped…. think i must have thrown over 15 individual shoes at him.
    then at some point in the morning i was woken by some girl frantically trying not to make any noise whilst searching for her shoes. then i remembered it was the girl who the night before said she had an early flight to Sydney the next morning.
    figured they sold shoes in Sydney, so went back to sleep.

nickc

God, sounds like you’ve had an awful time, but at least you’ll have a great story out of it!

being woken by snoring is awful, I think it’s the combination of disturbed sleep, and worry that you’ll not get back to sleep again. No jury would convict in those circumstances!!

😆

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I snore sometimes and so does my wife. When I snore, she wakes me and I go sleep on the sofa. When she snores, she wakes me, and I go sleep on the sofa …..

MoreCashThanDash

I snore sometimes and so does my wife. When I snore, she wakes me and I go sleep on the sofa. When she snores, she wakes me, and I go sleep on the sofa …..

I’d laugh, but I know you are not joking…..

epicyclo

You would have been in deep doodoo if you’d tried to smother him.

Next door was actually Dave having a romantic liaison with his pig…

scotroutes

Hmmmm………

bearnecessities

Yay! I wondered if it was that bike you’d collected 🙂

Looks bloody lovely.

somafunk

Ahh, just uploaded them and I see scoutroutes has beat me to it 😀 I’ll post up the other two pics

Scoutroutes, if you want to take it out for an hr it’ll be in bothy bikes till I head down the road at 1.30ish tmorn, I’m not heading out tmorn as after the 4 hours I spent on it today I now have aching muscles like I haven’t experienced in years 😀 it’s soooo much fun to ride, it’s just absolutely bonkers what it can climb and descend over-I played about for ages on the techy rooty section along from loch an Eileen castle and it romps over everything. Did 30 miles today all around the place and still had 3/5 left on the battery when I got back to the shop. Gordy and David are taking it for a spin tmorn but you are more than welcome to take it out for a shakedown .

Like waiting on all new bikes there is fear/trepidation as you wonder if it “really is going to make a difference”, I have had the “fear” for the past 5 months but it disappeared within minutes-it’s just so **** awesome to ride with the big plus sized tyres getting you traction up n over anything and that motor torque is just something else.

Can you post pics from Flickr using an iPad ?… I’ll try again

scotroutes

That’s an amazing offer, thanks. Unfortunately I’m up at Glenmore Lodge renewing my First Aid Certificate tomorrow.

Looks splendid – glad it wasn’t too icy for you.

somafunk

pic here

and here

Hmmm?, dunno if that’ll work…my mind is sleep deprived, staying in the cairngorm hotel tonight so I should get a decent sleep – heading to zzzzz very soon indeed

I tried to get up to ryvoan bothy but past the green loch was just sheet ice, also tried to get up the forest road that winds up above loch morlich as there’s a belter of a trail up there but that was sheet ice as well so I stuck to lower down but there was still sheet ice in places, so much damage from the recent flooding. I’ll be back up at Easter for a week so take it out then, I’ll borrow the Scott spark ebike from the shop.

If anyone wants a spin on it at the 7stanes in D&G then give us a shout and I’m sure we can arrange something, it’s a medium btw

scotroutes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CGr9zC]Untitled[/url] by kenny, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/D2gz5X]Untitled[/url] by kenny, on Flickr

seosamh77
    Free Member

I know my other thread was about my brother, but seeing those pics, hmmm well, I want one! 😀

somafunk

Cheers, my iPad Flickr mojo is obviously not working tonight.

singlespeedstu

Wow Kenny that’s rather bright. 8)
    Great to hear you buzzing about riding offroad again. 😀

somafunk

It’s even more eye popping in the flesh, when I get back home I’ll do some proper pics.

Yep…..it feels so good to be able to ride off-road again rather than crawl along the road at 6mph average on the tripster. I’ve still got a big shit-kicking goofy grin on my face hours later but I sooo need to work on my upper body fitness, my arms, shoulders, sides and neck ache like I’ve had a good old fashioned pub kicking but it feels good… It’ll come….it’ll come….I just to ride it as much as possible which it precisely what I plan to do over the next few months.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Move rooms/speak to manager?

Press fire alarm?

somafunk

Got a cracking 8hrs sleep last night in the cairngorm hotel despite my room being over the bar where there was live Scottish music, music is something I can sleep through, especially after a big meal, 3 pints and a double balvenie. Time for breakfast…….and a wander round the hikey shops, could do with a pair of warm winter soft shell trousers for bike duties. It’s been snowing overnight 😀

benp1

Cool bike, that’s the future right there! (or a big segment of it at least!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Smothering a snorer?, would I get away with it?’ is closed to new replies.