Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Smartphone newbie question…
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Contemplating taking the leap to the Modern World and buying a budget payg smartphone – probably Android flavoured. My query is What is more real-world use for web-browsing, a dual-core processor or Jelly Bean… can’t seem to have both at my projected pricepoint (£100-130). Ta

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d try android and iphone if you are new to the world of smartphones before you buy.

nickjb
    Free Member

Which iPhone is under £130? I’d say go for the better specced phone rather than the latest os as you can heavily tweak the interface and you might be able to update later.

tinribz
    Free Member

Orange San Diago comes with jelly bean now. Got one from the orange shop for £100 the other day and put a virgin payg sim in. Fast as any dual.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Spend £40 more and get one of these . Keep the phone 2 years and it works out to £7ish pm, or about 2 pints for us southerners

Toasty

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/o2-samsung-galaxy-ace-2-pay-as-you-go.html

Jelly Bean’s being rolled out to it now.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2013/05/samsung_galaxy_ace_2_android_jelly_bean_update_rolling_out/

Wouldn’t worry too much about Jelly Bean though to be honest. Every iteration has got a bit slicker, but Gingerbread/ICS wasn’t bad.

professor_fate
    Free Member

I’d really like the Ace 2 but just how straightforward the upgrade to Jellybean is i can only imagine. Dont need a big screen as i really want a phone i can easily pocket in my bike jacket. Cheers folks.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Just been offered a free Galaxy s3 mini on t-mobile contract for £15.50/month with 750mb, seems a good deal…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Jelly bean is a pretty big improvement in integration IMO. It’s much better than gingerbread on my old defy.

My wife has a San Diego. It’s really impressive for the money. But it’s doesn’t have the power for media performance.

tinsy
    Free Member

Just get an I phone 3GS you will find one for that money easy, it will be better than a new cheap smartphone for sure.

If you struggle to find one let me know I have one I will sell if you want, or I will just keep it as a spare otherwise.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

What about the Huawei Ascend Y300? Dual Core and Android 4.0.4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Smartphone newbie question…’ is closed to new replies.