Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Smartphone GPS thingy…
  • crikey
    Free Member

Seems to be topic of the week, anyway;

Get one of these.

Then download this, for free, onto it.

http://mytracks.appspot.com/

I've just done 3.5 hours out in the freezingness and got a track and a load of stats to play with, and used about 20% battery life to do so…

stew1982
    Free Member

How good is an android phone though?

crikey
    Free Member

In my opinion, better for me than an iPhone. Bloody great, basically.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Why?

pinches
    Free Member

see, i wrote a topic about this on sunday, and no one cared! if you want real tracking software, you need motionX gps

stew1982
    Free Member

I currently own an iphone, and can't decide wether to go iphone 3g, android, or palm pre!
    Any help would be appreciated!

wwaswas

Nokia Sportstracker is worth looking at as well. Real time trackign if you're getting a signal.

joemarshall
    Free Member

see, i wrote a topic about this on sunday, and no one cared! if you want real tracking software, you need motionX gps

Nah, you want viewranger. Like all the other ones, but with OS maps (and pretty decent route following arrow gubbins too if you like that sort of thing). Only symbian for now, but coming out on Android next year.

Joe

crikey
    Free Member

Ok, its not an iPhone. I've played with this (what I'm typing on now) and an iPhone side by side, and they are similar but different.
    The thing that sold me is the absolute, total customisability of the hero. You can even make your iPhone act like one!
    I'd have a proper play with an android phone, and use the iPhone as a benchmark.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Smartphone GPS thingy…’ is closed to new replies.