Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smart tv without the smart tv
  • Ok so no news flash, YouTube, Netflix etc has been available via XBox for a while now – however, I was sat last night browsing YouTube videos on my phone and queuing them in a tv list to play.

Yep I know it’s the 21st century – just never knew you could do this.

That is all

PrinceJohn

I found the same thing on ps3.. Isn’t technology great.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wouldn’t a raspberry pi achieve this also?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

A raspberry pi running raspbmc will do exactly what your asking for.

Yeah but I don’t have a raspberry pi – I have a tv, an x-box and a smartphone.

Just thought it was quite cool that I could browse and queue stuff on my phone to play on my tv via the x-box.The x-box wasn’t playing what was on my phone, the phone was telling the x-box what to play (if that makes sense? )

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s one of the many things Apple TV can do, makes watching bike and ski films from YouTube and Vimeo on the TV simple, I watched a couple of Rugby matches this weekend that way too. Plus BBC iPlayer etc.

nealglover
    Free Member

A raspberry pi running raspbmc will do exactly what your asking for.

Was he “asking for” anything ?

Sounds like he can do exactly what he needs without buying whatever a raspberry pi is 😀

I think Rob was maybe asking if a RPI could do the same without an X-Box – maybe??

I know Rob, so know he wasn’t being sarcy/facetious – unless tongue in cheek.

Still, I have no idea what a Raspberry can/can’t do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep the Rasp Pi is turning into a powerful bit of kit, the RP version of XBMC is the top download from then, it even does the apple air play stuff. Sorted itself out after I got a mini pc to do my smart tv duties or I would have one.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

just got one from work and was wondering what it can do – str just made me think thats all 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smart tv without the smart tv’ is closed to new replies.