Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • smart phone gps tracker app
  • ace_sparky
    Free Member

Hi all, finally joined the smart phone revolution and wondered if anyone could recommend an app for my HTC One that allows live tracking either on a home pc or on another phone. Only asking as I usually ride alone for 4-6hrs and it would be a great safety feature allowing family to know where I am during a ride.

Cheers all

danw117
    Free Member

map my ride does if you go premuim iirc

scaredypants

not sure a smartphone battery will last 4-6hr with the gps on, and presumably also reporting its position via phone signal

neninja
    Free Member

I recently used Real Time GPS Tracker app for android for a charity C2C. It links to a Google map on a webpage and shows current location and also a track of where you’ve been.

It will show up to 1000 data points so will work over several days and is totally customisable in terms of time between updates, etc. I had it set for 5 minute updates to ensure battery life as the first day was about 9 hours (I still had 50% battery life at the end as the GPS is only activated briefly to lock the position at the preset intervals). It worked perfectly apart for one small section when I forgot to switch it on.

Here is the map for our ride (ending at the pub afterwards) – http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=coast2coast

muggomagic

Viewranger is the best, but endomondo will do what you need. Either app coupled with a Mophie juice pack for the extended battery life should do nicely.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use Viewranger and the Buddy Beacon feature for live tracking. Works well.

Militant_biker

Cyclemeter will post map and updates to Facebook as you go, (if you let it…)

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Thank you, i’ll be sure to check out those recommendations 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘smart phone gps tracker app’ is closed to new replies.