Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 'smart' courier bags
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Just thinking aloud really but start clinical placement soon and wondered what smarter commuter bags were out there. Got a couple timbuk2s but was thinking something more gentlemanly, rapha prob do one but I’m saving the kidney sale for an indy fab. Ta

(yes I am avoiding revision by posting about a completely random bit of bike kit)

pastcaring
    Free Member

black rainbow project! £££

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t Brooks do a gentlemen like leather one?

From the title I thought you were looking for a courier bag with touch screen and inbuilt GPS.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

AdamML
    Free Member

Timbuk2 used to do a “single speed” line that was really smart (Flickr). I’ve got one of the “musettes” which I use for work quite often

There was one on sale on here a while back…

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers adam, what’s the musette like? one on fleabay

AdamML
    Free Member

I really like it, but I only use it on days when I’m not carrying huge amounts of stuff. The main pocket’s not that big.

fontmoss
    Free Member

ok ta, found these not very cheap though 🙁

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54734288/the-steam-punk

fontmoss
    Free Member

anymore for anymore?

footflaps

I use my Howies Chevron for work…

IHN

What do you mean by smart? Any plain-ish one in muted colours will be fine I would have thought. I used to go to client sites with a Bagaboo bag like this:

Bagaboo bags are the bollocks by the way, and you can have whatever custom colorway/design you like 🙂

nicko74

I got myself a Crumpler for work. Took some finding, but basically a laptop-style one (rather than a general messenger-style crumpler), with a third leg (ie the cross strap to keep it stable), then a bit of searching online to get it for <£60.
    Can’t remember the product name, but it’s smart and practical. Sorted.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple timbuk2s and they’re plain enough to use just fancied something different tbh

dxb
    Free Member

I was looking for something similar my self recently (perhaps not that smart though!)

I really liked the look, if not the price tag of these
    http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags.html

but I ended up with one of these:
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/ca/engear/base-camp-messenger-bag_5.html

Surprisingly was a really good price in the manchester shop (run out of limited ‘contours’ pattern colourway so the L cheaper than the M?) its got a padded laptop sleeve big enough for my 17″ laptop and the extra leg/strap. So far very happy – but perhaps not all that gentrified.

IA

Chrome bags are ace (if pricey). Got my GF one for a present, she loves it. It’s much better design than my timbuk2.

Got it from charliethebikemonger, recommended.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah might give chrome a look, couple mates have them- think crc did/do them?

IA

Hmm the new bikemonger site doesn’t appear to list them anymore. Shame, good personal service there.

FWIW it’s the Chrome Corsair I got her, it’s a good size, bit bigger than my small timbuk2 but not too big. It’ll take A4 stuff no bother etc.

meehaja
    Free Member

My Northface bag is quite smart?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Timbuk2 do some very nice designs (faux leather) & a hell of a lot cheaper than Brooks. How much??? 😯

mieszko
    Free Member

How about Osprey Flapjack? It looks very good imo. I have an Osprey Elroy and the bag is very well made.

My mate has a Timbuk2 limited edition bag, not sure you are able to get it anymore. It was £90 new but is very smart looking with some nice features, made from material looking like some thick canvas. Similar-ish to the Steam Punk bag mentioned earlier. Check Patagonia, they do plain bags as well.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’ve got a bagaboo in medium size. Mine is camouflage with an orange lining and trim but they are made to order so a more tasteful one could be made. I use a Rapha musette when not carrying much, they are quite small but I love it.

mahowlett
    Free Member

I love my stabo one – http://www.stabo.co.uk looks better the more battered it gets

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘'smart' courier bags’ is closed to new replies.