Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Smart Casual – Shirt, Jeans, Shoes
  • DrP

I like that ‘Thread’ website/process..

I’m approaching mid 30s, feel like I want to dress a bit ‘nicer’ – not necessarily smarter, but I’ve a nice body, it should be shown off!!

My wife does most of my styling – I’m often resistant to buying ‘non technical clothes’ but over the years my wardrobe has become a bit smarter/nicer..

I recently treated myself to a slif fit leather jacket too…

I think it’s fine to have a bit of vanity, TBH!

DrP

nealglover
    Free Member

Do you want eggs with that Spam ?

hugo
    Free Member

Smart casual can mean a range of things depending on the event.  It’s a bit of a minefield with many differing views.

First of all make sure the clothes fit.  Lots of chat about £20 patterned shirts from M&S make me very nervous about this…..!

Jeans.  Not strictly smart casual, but straight cut plain indigo efforts can look very smart.  Also, perfectly acceptable to wear with brogues or boots, not sure what the complaint is here.  Also regarding tucking in shirts.  Again it’s perfectly acceptable and normal for those over 18 years old to tuck their shirt in outside of the office.

Also mentioned is that the rise of chinos amongst the yoof is a godsend and this is entirely correct.  Very flexible and suits a tucked in shirt more than jeans.  Can’t really go wrong with a pair of chelsea boots/brogues, chinos and a blue shirt for 99.9% of functions.  Yes, tucked in.

Can’t really go wrong if you keep it simple.  If the thought of chino coloured chinos gives you chills, then go for blue ones.  A good halfway between jeans and trousers.

nealglover
    Free Member

Although this is a ten month old thread, brought back to life by a spammer trying to flog ugly $400 sandals…..

Is there actually a question in the OP ?

Lots of people offering advice, but there is no question that I can see, just a bloke telling other people what he likes to wear 🤔

sirromj

This isn’t stackoverflow don’t you know?

hugo
    Free Member

A minor detail when personal opinions are there to be foisted on others!

MikeG

Lots of people offering advice, but there is no question that I can see, just a bloke telling other people what he likes to wear

I think it’s another ‘feature’ of the new forum, I’m pretty sure the OP is 19ninety but his post is the 4th one down. I’ve noticed it a few times on old threads that have either been brought back from the dead or google has offered as a search result to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Smart Casual – Shirt, Jeans, Shoes’ is closed to new replies.