Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Smaller automatic van or big estate upto £15K advice etc
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Vehicle thoughts appreciated – 2 out 3 kids flown nest, don’t need the bigger LWB crew van anymore plus with a stuffed left ankle the heavy’ish clutch is making it worse, particularly in stop start traffic, so want to downsize vehicle but still need for the odd bike carrying duties & to seat 5 occasionally (fold up or removable rear seats) & generally carrying my work related stuff & rubbish. Plus auto gearbox. Mileage 10k pa, budget up to £15K – used VW Caddy Maxi Kombi/Life DSG seems to fit bill but not many about and heard poor reports on DSG box, possibly swb Vito/T5 or big estate car/MPV or who else does smaller crew van/kombis with autobox? Anything else to look at? Cheers

boblo
    Free Member

I was in the market for one of these and looked at T5’s and Caddy Maxi’s. I just couldn’t bring myself to lay down that sort of cash… on a van…to look like a pikey…

I went for a V70 in the end. Bit more than your budget but it was an ex dem/low miles one. Lots of toys, loads of space, very practical but not very engaging. It swallows solo’s whole and the tandem with the front wheel off.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have the Caddy Maxi Life here. 7 seats all but front 2 removable/foldable.
    No issues, does everything needed up to full sheets of ply.
    DSG is the 7 speed dry clutch box not the 6 speed wet.
    2.0/140 is impossible to find in auto but plenty of 1.6/102 about.
    Easy to flash to 140 with no issues via Pendle.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I have swb van bought new last summer for bike duties and to work.. 6mos now and i can definitely says worst decision in my life .. I miss driving proper car so much 🙁

…nothing helpful but just saying

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Smaller automatic van or big estate upto £15K advice etc’ is closed to new replies.