Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Small stove fan, anyone got/found one?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

The absolute corker I bought from aldi last week is just a touch big. I need something no bigger than 195mm overall.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

All the cheap ones are over the 200-220 mark, I have 220mm above mine before the reg plate, just fits.

If you want smaller, only option was the 200 odd quid wee copper number, nice, but pricey.

footflaps

We have:

Home

Drac

Cheapest you find on ebay will do

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    doris5000

Cheapest you find on ebay will do

i got a £50 one on ebay. The blade was on backwards, and it spent its first couple of weeks gently blowing air towards the back of the fireplace 😐

sweepy
    Free Member

I can’t decide if I think these fans are any use or not. The hot air will still rise and I reckon the biggest barrier to it circulating around the house is the wall between the top of the door and the ceiling.

Drac

Our stove sits in a brick alcove so helps push the warm air out.

i got a £50 one on ebay. The blade was on backwards, and it spent its first couple of weeks gently blowing air towards the back of the fireplace

You had it pointing the wrong way. 😆

doris5000

well, yes I suppose you could argue that! although it’s odd that it was designed to have the wires and heatsink facing the room, and the nicely finished fan part facing the wall 😉

v8ninety

Carefully cut down the blades?

Cougar

The blade was on backwards

If, hypothetically, you were to remove a fan blade, turn it round and then refit it, it’d still push air in the same direction. It needs to spin the opposite way to change the airflow direction.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

we got this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LEO7W7U/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1?th=1 it says 199mm tall, haven’t measured it. had it since Nov last year, works well.

doris5000

If, hypothetically, you were to remove a fan blade, turn it round and then refit it, it’d still push air in the same direction. It needs to spin the opposite way to change the airflow direction.

hmm. interesting – perhaps it’s wired up wrong. Either way it was a useful lesson about buying bargain basement generic copies of things from random ebay sellers 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We have:

http://www.stovetopfan.co.uk

**** me they are expensive…and look like a GCSE design and tech project!

neilnevill
    Free Member

There are some cheap ones about 170-190mm tall, I got one for my dad let year, is have to ask for the name. I found it after hunting the web a while

neilnevill
    Free Member

Think it was Amazon I got it from… And it may have been nearer £50 come to the of it

yorkshire89
    Free Member

There’s a decent selection on ebay. Search for ‘small stove fan’.

stevehine

stovetopfan.co.uk

Looks like a Zalman CNPS9500 and a blob of metal sandwiching a TEG module; about £20 worth of parts.

I’m in the wrong business… 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Small stove fan, anyone got/found one?’ is closed to new replies.