Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Small Petrol Auto recommendations.
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

My better half will shortly be changing her NHS lease car. She has a 1.5 tdci fiesta and it has been cheap to run fuel wise but as a city car it’s awful mainly due to the high gearing. She is recovering from a prolapsed disc and advice from the physio is get an automatic. Any recommendations for a fiesta sized petrol auto. We have been looking at polo/fabia DSG models fiesta 1.0 ecoboost power shift and the little i10 auto. Any real life experiences or recommendations?

towzer

Gf gone from old fiesta to a new i10 manual -she loves it,much happier about driving, so an i10 has worked for her

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

The dsg gearbox is very good and better than those in most other small cars. With maybe the exception of the 8 spd auto in the BMW 1 series.

But that might be a little bit big

munrobiker
    Free Member

We have a Fabia DSG, albeit the VRS model. We got it because we already had a manual one that’d been completely reliable. The DSG gearbox is excellent, far better than any auto I have used before. It’s bigger than a Fiesta, and generally more practical. However the fiesta is a better drive and neither has a top notch interior, though I would say the Skoda’s is higher quality.

andyl
    Free Member

Audi A1?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Does it need to be petrol because it’s doing short trips? If the range fits and there’s room to have a charge point at home; Nissan Leaf or Renault Zoe.
    Failing that I’d be looking at the Toyota Yaris Hybrid.
    🙂

Inbred456
    Free Member

We had a brief look at the yaris but it was quite expensive. Going to test drive a few today and see what she thinks of driving an auto. She always hated driving mine and felt she wasn’t in full control. She does sometimes drive up the wear valley over the tops so is a bit reluctant to trust fully electric I see your point though! I think the Fabia with the 1.2 110bhp dsg is the best car for her but she still sees a bit of the old skoda stigma even though we have a Yeti as the main car.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Skodas are for boring old people.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve always found the insides of Skodas to look like a leather lined waiting room in plastic heaven.

the-muffin-man

My parent have an automatic Yaris – it has flappy paddles too so you can pretend to be an F1 driver! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Small Petrol Auto recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.