Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Small hydration packs?
  • FOG

After the thread about bum bags recently I decided it was time to get a small pack instead of a bum bag for short rides to avoid grappling with filthy bottles in a side access cage. When I started looking, most seem to be just bladders with a tiny pocket for an energy bar!
    Is there one with a smallish bladder but room for tube , multi tool and pump?

frogstomp

I’ve just a Shimano Unzen U4E and been very impressed with it so far!

Takes a 2 litre bladder (not included unfortunately), room inside for the essentials (in pockets) and has a pouch on the back for waterproof etc. if you need it. It’s very comfortable to wear, although might get a bit warm in warmer weather..

They also do a smaller U2 version which looks like it has a pocket on the bottom.

FOG

I just missed those when they were on sport pursuit!

StuE
    Free Member
    chocolateteapot
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these as a cheapo quick bag, only negative to it is that it doesn’t have a proper waist strap, just shoulder and chest.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-hydration-cycle-bag/342-4022.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=342-4022

singletracksurfer

Wingnut assault or splitback would fit the bill. Love the assault when riding my cx long distance (xc, not in races).

creagbhan

I recently got one of these.
    Decathlon Hydration pack

Only used it once but seems quite stable and can take enough junk for shorter rides.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Kriega Hyrdrapac – makes a mockery of the cycling ones designed to take your money.
    UK designed, properly made, tested in mx/enduro/expedition environments.
    Mine is now 6yrs old, has done thousands of miles in numerous countries, at over 180mph in places and looks virtually new.

nuke

Said on the bumbag thread but yes another vote for Wingnut Assault

iain1775
    Free Member

I got a Shimano unzen U2 from Sportspursuit
    I’d say it’s a bit small for what your after and I haven’t used it for that same reason yet but I will probably couple it with a saddle bag on evening CX rides for exactly the same reason – avoiding dirty bottles esp in the dark where you can’t see what mud is on them

flicker
    Free Member

Agree we with Hammy, Kriega all the way, how kit should be built.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Small hydration packs?’ is closed to new replies.