Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Small body armour – where can I try it on?
  • smalison

I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to try on body armour – preferably in small sizes or ladies. I’m looking for torso armour with integral elbow pads. I have been looking for several months now and have only managed to try on one (at Laggan).

Can anyone suggest where is good so I can get something ahead of my trip to the Alps in August? I am in London tomorrow and driving across SE England this weekend, and am now sufficiently desperate that I’d go a bit out of my way! I’d really rather avoid ordering online and having to keep sending stuff back.

Any advice is welcome!

toys19
    Free Member

crc buy about 10 different ones and send back the ones you dont like. Probs cheaper than driving around london and much more convenient.

I can recommend this one as a pal has it clicky

Or if you can find it I use this one as it is a unversal fit and I am very short and round but it fits short and petite people too..

karen805
    Free Member

Hi – I can’t speak about all of them, but my local Cycle Surgery (Snow and Rock) are pretty good about letting you try on equipment, they had a reasonable amount of body armour.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/

smalison

Buying 10 different ones would be an outlay of £1000! But I take your point!

I looks at the Rockgardn Lady Flak Jacket but the customer review says the small fits her and she’s 36B and I’m, well, not that……

I rang Cycle Surgery this morning and they have no small body armour in any of their stores.

stealthcat

I wouldn’t worry too much about bust size; my old flakjacket is now being worn by someone significantly better-endowed than I am!

Whereabouts in London are you tomorrow? I have a flak jacket you could possibly try on if you can get to South London in the evening…

toys19
    Free Member

Hmm this conversation has gone somewhere that scares me, I’m out..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN7FftWNCM[/video]

xiphon
    Free Member

What size do you need?

mrs xiphon’s only 5′ 2″, slim yet fairly *ahem* generous in one particular area.

We tried the 661 large kids, but the spine protection was too short. The XS adults fits nicely – long enough in the arms and spine, close enough around her waist… and the chest padding is too tight either.

smalison

Stealthcat – that would be awesome. Can you e-mail me on alisonhparker at gmail dot com ?

Xiphon – do 661 do stuff in a size XS? I can’t find any on CRC. I’ve ben looking at the Men’s S stuff but in general I never fit that size.

xiphon
    Free Member

Hmmm I’m positive it was XS…. but CRC does say it only goes down to Small.

I’ll check tonight.

stealthcat

I can’t get to email until this evening – is that too late? If so, let me know and I’ll try to get to an email pc at work…

smalison

Stealthcat – that’s fine!

stealthcat

Cool – they’ve banned personal email here but not Singletrack!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Small body armour – where can I try it on?’ is closed to new replies.