Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SLX vs XT clutch mechs
  • winch
    Free Member

Any difference, other than weight maybe? Are folks getting on well with them? Mangled my mech at Llandegla yesterday 👿

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Got an XT clutch mech. It’s great. It makes the ride very quiet and I haven’t dropped a chain since I’ve had it installed, and that includes a week in the Alps. No idea how it compares to SLX, prob just a marginal weight difference.

rondo101
    Free Member

If you’re running a single ring up front, consider the Zee too.

bails

Got an SLX clutch mech. It’s great. It makes the ride very quiet and I haven’t dropped a chain since I’ve had it installed, and that includes a week in the Alps. No idea how it compares to XT, prob just a marginal weight difference.

winch
    Free Member

SLX clutch mech ordered. Annoyed that I need a new one just after ribble did such a good deal on them, typical! Can’t win them all.

patriotpro
    Free Member

SLX clutch mech ordered. Annoyed that I need a new one just after ribble did such a good deal on them, typical! Can’t win them all.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1197/a72809/slx-10-speed-rear-derailleur-rd-m675-gs-shadow-plus.html?mfid=43

Northwind

I’ve got an SLX and a couple of XTs, can’t tell any difference in operation. SLX uses bushings instead of bearings in the jockeys which ime can be troublesome in filthy conditions but that’s about it.

JoeG
    Free Member

Look at the Shimano Tech Doc. About 1/2 of the parts are identical between XT and SLX!

theotherjonv

I’ll be honest, I can’t tell the difference in use between my slx on my good bike, and the deore i just put on my winter single ring slogger.

[Edit] slx on my good bike. Will this recession ever end!

tutgareth
    Free Member

Very impressed with my SLX+ rear mech!! In fact I’m now wodering why the rest of my groupset is XT……

matther01
    Free Member

SLX+ & XT+ here. No noticeable performance difference i can feel so far. Think the parallelograms are different metals which accounts for the weight difference.

winch
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1197/a72809/slx-10-speed-rear-derailleur-rd-m675-gs-shadow-plus.html?mfid=43

Judicious use of vouchers and I got it from wiggle for the same money 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Good work.

beargotsoul

I know this will have been asked before but can you run a 10 speed rear mech with 9 speed cassette / shifters or do you need to change everything?

Northwind

You can, with a little spacer, run Shimano 10-speed mechs with SRAM 9-speed shifters, but that’s the only way to get this stuff to play together.

mangatank
    Free Member

Really impressed with my SLX clutch. Crisp shifting and no histrionics. Really disliked my SLX crankset though. Switched to XT and everything’s better.

raisinhat
    Free Member

SLX everything else seems to be just as good, but the XT shifters are far nicer. That said, I’m now running a saint shifter with a zee mech and my god the saint shifter is absolutely magical. If you’re running 1×10 that would be my choice every single time.

Northwind

Saint shifter is just plain supoib, perfect combination of Shimano build and SRAM feel.

Mackem

The Zee shifter is very nice too. No window, stealthy and very clicky.

kimbers

mangatank – Member
    . Really disliked my SLX crankset

what was wrong with it- compared to xt or anything else for that matter?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SLX vs XT clutch mechs’ is closed to new replies.