Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SLX Groupset for Blue Pig
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hi,

As per previous post about forks, I’m looking to get myself an SLX groupset for the Blue Pig I’m building up. Has anyone ordered from these guys? If so, what was their service like, and were you stung for any import duty?
    Cheers,

Andy

hoochylala
    Free Member

I ordered the SLX 10sp groupset you linked above on Tuesday evening. The tracking states that the item is out for delivery today, so fingers crossed I should receive it any time soon. Communication has been good, have been informed when item was ready for dispatch, when it was collected, and at what depts it has been to on its journey to me 🙂

No tax issues as we are all part of the EU – you only pay the VAT applicable to that country – 19% in Germany, included in the price.

Will let me know when it gets here!

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Much appreciated hoochylala – if you could confirm once received, that’d be fab!

exilegeordie
    Free Member

And, as a bonus follow-up question, the Blue Pig specifies a 28.6mm top pull front derailleur. with this in mind, which derailleur am I best off with from the choice of 3? Or does it not matter as they all appear to be dual pull? Can anyone explain the differences please?

hoochylala
    Free Member

I had posted this question earlier in the week but got no response 🙁 . I found this post which refereed to the Blue Pig and took it as being the same for my mmmBop.

MTBR forum

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mnigro
    So, I see that this frame calls for a top pull front mech. Does it matter if it is a top/bottom swing? Thanks.

Doesn’t matter at all. Either will be fine. Personally I’m a big fan of the SLX compact style front mech (which comes, as far as I remember) in both versions.

Above extracted from thread linked – I went for the ‘compact’ style mech brant mentions on that page – its dual pull anyway (first option on the german site!)

exilegeordie
    Free Member

You’re the man hoochylala!

hoochylala
    Free Member

😆

well its all just arrived (within the 1 hour estimate time slot it showed on my online tracking I might add) and on first inspection all looks good to me! Not boxed (aftermarket as I expected), but all bubble wrapped up nicely in one large box with the associated leaflets/manuals.

£180. thats a steal in my book – v. happy

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Thanks dude – gonna do the same.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Ordered three days ago and dropped on the mat this morning – fantastic service and very pleased with the product. Now, all I need to do is get hold of a decent fork and I’ll (almost) be ready to break out the hammer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SLX Groupset for Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.