• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by rs.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SLX brakes – do yours feel spongy too?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Despite bleeding and having no air in them at all, they always feel somewhat spongy. Plenty of stopping power, but the sponginess is annoying. Is this just what they are like?

ahwiles
    Free Member

hmm, i wouldn’t want to say ‘spongey’. but the lever does ‘give’ a bit.

more than my deore brakes – i guess it’s the variable leverage thing doing it’s thing.

ahwiles
    Free Member

groovy double post.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I love my SLXs, but yeah, they do feel a little bit ‘plasticy’ compared to XT. People who say they are the same are wrong. I’ll get XT/R next time round.

Wookster

Ahwiles +1 bit of give in the lever unlike my m4’s but great brakes my sly group has made me realise that it’s all I need really!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

mine do too. when i first got them i thought they needed a bleed but the have always done it. I think its the servo wave gubbins.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Despite being bought band new and meticulous bleeding, mrs julian’s slx and a mate’s servowave xt both feel spongier than the older style shimanos we have had between us (deore/lx/xt/saint), but as above, they still stop really well, its just they feel different particularly if you swap between bikes mid ride.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Definately spongier than my Hopes but like them just as much TBH.

rs
    Free Member

so spongy is another word for modulation 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SLX brakes – do yours feel spongy too?’ is closed to new replies.