Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Slowest. Ride. Ever.
  • RustySpanner

18 miles.
    Five hours.

Two and a half bastard hours of which was sodding route finding,
    because some crabwalking, toadlicking, sidewalking, goat-blowing, frog fellating, custard gargling, tadpole juggling son of a Basenji has removed every sodding bridleway sign within 5 miles of Rawtenstall.

Oh, and to the snotty old git at the farm on Hollin Lane/Edge Yate Lane (‘It’s a footpath – you know, for walking on’) once you’ve sobered up, been hosed down and positively identified as human, you my son will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

And relax.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nooooo, don’t relax..

Let it all out.

(Sounds propers shit ride) 😐

lucien

Time to treat yourself to a GPS

athgray
    Free Member

Route finding is fun and adds to the day. If not on a trail centre and on an unfamiliar route, it may be wise to take an OS map.

tomhoward

Route finding is fun and adds to the day.

No it doesn’t, I want to go mountain biking, not get lost and hope we find our way back-ing.

RustySpanner

Was pretty good fun, tbh. 😀

But that’s the last time I try and differentiating between cheeky/non cheeky:

Whenever a bridleway/boat went through a dwelling or farm, the signs had been removed and the way deliberately obscured.

Trying to follow the byway from Lumb over to Goodshaw Chapel was a sodding nightmare – no signage, chained gates, vehicles blocking access etc, etc.

Still, it was a nice explore and we’ll know for next time.

athgray – Member

Route finding is fun and adds to the day. If not on a trail centre and on an unfamiliar route, it may be wise to take an OS map.

I enjoy route finding.
    I don’t like being made to feel like a tresspasser because some selfish individual has restricted my right of way.

We had an OS map – that’s how we knew the right of way had been blocked 🙂

jam-bo

No it doesn’t, I want to go mountain biking, not get lost and hope we find our way back-ing.

Best go to a trail centre then…

swavis

I’m glad I live in Scotland 😉 😛

RustySpanner

lucien – Member

Time to treat yourself to a GPS

I’ve got one on my phone.

I really must turn it on next time. 😀

Superficial
    Free Member

Best go to a trail centre then…

No, he said mountain biking.

/troll

athgray
    Free Member

Apologies Rusty, so more of an access issue than getting lost then?

RustySpanner

No need to apologise mate!

Yep, access issues at virtually every single dwelling/business on the route:

The worst being a dry stone wall extended across the entrance to a long distance path.
    Pretty new to the area, but really surprised how dedicated the locals are to preventing legitimate access.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

18 miles
    5 hours

easily done in the peaks, when your trying

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had similar out the back of Whitworth trying to link to Lee Quarry, it wasn’t worth it

coastkid
    Free Member

Aye, move to Scotland 🙂
    Still a NO voter though brothers 😉

darkslider
    Free Member

Get onto your local council or ROW department, if you take them detailed print outs and show exactly where the obstructions are and which address you believe is responsible they should sort it out.

Councils may be useless on the whole but if they don’t know about it there’s even less they can do, so it’s the first step.

OCB
    Free Member

It won’t help in any way, but it took me over two hours to do 18km yesterday (whilst looking for Gorillas).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tyr riding with young lids – its about walking pace to start with
    I think the worst we ever did was circar 10 miles in 4- 5 hours ish

it was basically a walk / hike a bike in both directions

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Slowest. Ride. Ever.’ is closed to new replies.