Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Slow Cookers
  • Cougar

anyone tried to do a decent chilli i always end up with a cooker full of of wet hot mince

I think I know where you’re going wrong. You’re attempting to cook Gok Wan.

Albanach
    Free Member

Jamie Oliver has a good recipe for chilli – I haven’t attempted in the slow cooker but it is pretty damn good on the hob.

GRAEMEJONES

Spicy slow cooked Chicken.

Ingredients.
    4 tsp salt
    2 tsp Paprika
    1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp Thyme
    1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/2 tsp Black Pepper
    1 Roasting Chicken
    1 Onion, quartered

Directions:

Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, then rub the spice mixture over the Chicken, coating it well all over.

Put the Chicken on a plate, cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight.

Stuff the cavity with the onion.

Put the Chicken into the slow cooker DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.

Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.

Use the resulting juices for your Hot and Spicy gravy.

Enjoy 😛

spooky_b329

Well I got inspired by the Lamb Curry post/recipe.

Four hours in, I just tried a bit…

…I think the term referring to meat ‘falling off the bone’ is over-used, but I literally didn’t even need to chew the meat. It just fell to bits in my gob 🙂

Was worried I’d made it too hot but the sauce has just turned into a very tasty, slightly sticky, gravy consistency 🙂

Roll on dinner time! And I have a bottle of Guinness Foreign Extra to go with it (cos I was buying some beer and noticed it said ‘good with spicy meat dishes’)

PePPeR

We’ve got one and I agree about making everything taste the same! Although hams cooked in it are amazing, but they need to be left to settle after cooking to be able to carve them nicely.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Slow Cookers’ is closed to new replies.