Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sloe gin v sloe vodka
  • mooman
    Free Member

Which wins?

Just back from walking dogs. And spent an hour picking sloes. I managed to get 5lb of them, and just cant decide if gin or vodka is best to make.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

With 5lbs you can make both.

I ‘checked’ mine last night and was surprised how difficult it was to tell them apart.

I forgot to label which was which and started tasting each to distinguish which was which. There were 7 bottles and 2 demijohns to work through.

This morning there were a pile of neatly written labels saying ‘Vodka’ and ‘Gin’ on the dining room tables and a lot of bottles in the middle of the table.

I seem to remember getting to the point where I tatsed one and if it tasted like Vodka I put it on the left, if it tasted of Gin I put it on the right.

I think I made the mistake of putting the labels on the left and right instead of the bottles. 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

Just googled for sloe vodka reviews … does appear, the vodka is slight favourite.

TooTall
    Free Member

Make both and decide for yourself?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you make both, remember to label them before sticking them in the dark cupboard to mature

DaRC_L

It’s simple if you don’t like Gin, like me.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that everyone who doesn’t like Gin should like you instead?

MrSparkle

At the risk of sounding like you know who … lol!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sloe gin v sloe vodka’ is closed to new replies.